Texas Hunting Forum

I hate coyotes

Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

I hate coyotes - 01/24/16 09:13 PM

Although I live in the concrete jungle of DFW we still and have always had a coyote problem but this year seems to be the worst in at least 20 years. Well last night they got ahold of our little terrier mix. They got her 5 seconds after my wife let her out. We heard her screaming and ran out immediately. The yote did release her but the damge was done. We rushed her to animal hospital with multiple puncture wounds. Miraculously none of the puncture wounds pierced through lungs, heart or abdomen. Doc said good thing your son named her Lucky because it is pure luck she survived. she has multiple drain tubes and lacerations to heal from the next few weeks. I was for sure she was not going to make it and my son had to help me through the whole ordeal. It was hard on him he couldn't stop crying but once doc said she is gonna make it he was so happy. This is his first dog and it would have broke my heart if the she was taken from him. He is determined to setup with the coyote call and his 22-250 tonight for some payback. This is a pic of her when we first got her a few years ago.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/24/16 09:44 PM

rifle
Posted By: Cast

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/24/16 09:48 PM

Two dogs now attacked by yotes.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/24/16 11:42 PM

Yotes got through my privacy fence and killed my cat. I was happy.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

roflmao
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

roflmao
seriously I hated that devil cat.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 12:38 AM

Glad she made it.....post pics of her recovery and the dead yotes....
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 01:29 AM

Same thing happened to my sisters English Bulldog last year. They had him gutted in a matter of minutes.
Posted By: FUZZYHUNTER

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 01:36 AM

Seen a few running the streets in Mckinney. Always walk outside when letting the dog out. Always reading about pets going missing
Posted By: Tbar

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 01:58 AM

I wonder if they patterned the OP's movements. Ie - they learned what time the dog was let out and we're waiting. My wife thinks it was just a random event.....that the yotes were just passing by.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 02:10 AM

A .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder can be a useful alternative to the .22-250, although with much shorter range. A .22 RF with a can can also be handy and neighbor friendly.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 02:12 AM

Kill me all !!! Then dig em up and shoot em again

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 03:46 AM

They have been patterning us as I have spooked them in the back of the house a few weeks ago. Couple pics of her after getting home just now from animal hospital. Multiple puncture wounds, lacerations and a broken rib. She will be ok but needs time and is still in a lot of pain.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 03:54 AM

Damn yotes.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 03:55 AM

dang that freaking sucks!!! glad he made it though!

time to get some payback
Posted By: Tracey1970

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/25/16 04:19 AM

Tough little dog. Hope she heels quickly. Lost our catahoula to the yotes back in July.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/27/16 05:23 PM

That sucks about your dog....Where do you live?

Btw, love the lube on the nightstand. roflmao
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/27/16 05:36 PM

Never name a dog Lucky. Everyone I've seen with that name is covered with scars or missing appendages.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/27/16 06:00 PM

Poor pup. I had a pack of yotes following the deer herd last night. They're always on the other side of the creek or there would be less of them. I am suppressed and willing.
Posted By: drycreek3189

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/27/16 08:08 PM

Poor puppy ! I have a Jack Russell who " needs " to pee multiple times at night. Really, he just wants to check for haunts, spooks, and such mostly. I stand guard over him because we live in the country and coyotes are frequent visitors. I have good floodlights at the corners of the house, so I can see anything approaching at least 75' away. So far, so good. Hope your pup heals quickly !
Posted By: GimmeABuck

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/27/16 09:55 PM

Really happy she made it, those do look and sound like serious injuries. Fill those damned yotes full of lead.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/28/16 03:18 AM

Yotes seem to be on or around every field that I have ever hunted in North Texas. Thats about twenty fields. Saw them on every set last night.
Posted By: Western

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/28/16 02:16 PM

What the other said, good thing you guy's where there and on the ball. Do you live in a sub division? in city limits of DFW?
Snare may be your best bet, but you would have to consider other roaming dogs (pets) and watching yours like a hawk, snares are not "pet friendly", but will take a coyote out in a minute in the right place.

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/28/16 03:41 PM

Western, my neighborhood is all one acre lots surrounded by sub divisions. We have a creek running behind our house and the coyotes primarily use it for travel. I have put out snares before but only caught one. I'm probably going to set some back out.
Posted By: Spent Brass

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/28/16 03:56 PM

Glad the pup is OK, she is truly Lucky!

The yote traffic has picked up a lot around my place in the last month. I've killed one a week for the last 3 weeks trying to get at my chickens, and daddy has killed 3 in the last 2 weeks. Not young dogs either, big, full grown ones. One poor sucker didn't have a hair on him, eat up with mange. Pops did him a favor, it got down to 28 degrees that night.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: I hate coyotes - 01/28/16 05:24 PM

See a couple a year runnin down the streets here with cats in their mouths, but I'm sure it happens daily, glad he's gonna make it
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum