Texas Hunting Forum

Predator hunting light

Posted By: coolbrze

Predator hunting light - 01/12/16 11:39 AM

Looking to get into night hunting more. Should I look for a new handheld, headlamp, or gun mounted light to hunt coyotes & fox with at night. Gun mounted would be on an AR-15 Leupold 3-9x40 scope. Which lights do y'all like best?
Posted By: Cslate

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/12/16 11:48 AM

Wicked Hunting Lights. They make a handle that you can attach to their lights that make it just like a spot light. Also offer a high powered head lamp to make it easier! Check em out www.wickedhuntinglights.com or www.nighthuntingdepot.com
Posted By: chemdawg

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/12/16 09:45 PM

I bought one off amazon for 29$ it works better then my buddy 130$ light its brighter and shines twice as far with out spooking the animals i bout 4 rechargeable batters and and charger for 8$
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/12/16 09:47 PM

I have an ND 3 that I really like
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/12/16 09:52 PM

Elusive wildlife makes a great light. They also make dimmer switches for them.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 12:21 AM

Ok fellas I have been looking and have now ordered a few to compare and here is why. When the question is asked folks chime in and say this brand is the best......it's hard to go off of what others say without a true comparison. Without trying to ruffle any feathers, who has had first had experience of more than one or two products? Not going by, my buddy had this light and mine was better, but first hand knowledge of the pros and cons of different lights, i.e. You had this particular light mounted on your gun and hunted with it?
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 03:07 AM

Watch the video in this forum post...very unbiased and fair evaluation IMO.

http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=29698#entry211464

I have two of these lights featured and the Coyote Light is the real deal.

Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 04:01 AM

Do you like that tripod setup?

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 04:21 AM

Yes although you don't want to tote it too far as it weighs 16 lbs.
I even rigged it so my Coyote light can be attached to the tripod if I happen to have a gun that doesn't have a way to mount the Coyote Light
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 01:21 PM

Thanks for sharing! That is a great video that shows the side by side comparison many are looking for
Posted By: Jeff Thomason

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/13/16 10:26 PM

That is a good video of comparison of the RED light. Coyote Light has the brightest RED and Wicked has the Brighter White. Just depends on what you are looking for. Both offer the Rheostat which is a nice feature. Cost is usually the deciding factor...
Posted By: RovingTexan

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/15/16 12:35 AM

So help me out here.

Green light for hogs.

Red light for coyotes, bobcats and fox.

Right?

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/15/16 03:19 PM

There is no correct or better color for the animals listed. It's personal preference and how you use it to get best results.
White is brightest Green is next then Red has least amount of "intensity" so use what you like BUT learning how to use the light you pick has more to do with your success than the color you pick...IMO
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Predator hunting light - 01/18/16 02:31 PM

Tried many different makes. Settled on the Northern tool LED Solar motion light they sell for 29.00. Have 4 operating at all times and game is completely accustomed to there presence. Just changed the battery in the one I placed out 2 years ago.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum