Texas Hunting Forum

Using an electronic caller for Hogs - Primos Alpha Dogg

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Using an electronic caller for Hogs - Primos Alpha Dogg - 12/21/15 10:52 PM

This is my first year to actually spend some time hunting hogs, would like to stay busy at the lease. Shot my first one Sat night with my X-Sight, it was about 100yd shot. First time to actually sight some up with the scope at night, I struggled to some degree to get a clear shot with what I could see. I had it set on green, found out last night white is a bunch clearer. Been putting out corn with Anise on it as an attractant. Might try something else with more volume vs 2 oz of Anise, though that stuff sure does smell for such a small amount.

I saw a video on here someone posted using an e-caller and shot a hog that was on a dead run at them/the caller. I've got an Alpha Dogg I bought and have tried it a couple times for 'yotes, but never for hogs. Is it worth trying vs using corn/attractants to bring them in at what seems to be their 8:30pm got to work time?

Thanks,
Charlie
Posted By: Cattleman

Re: Using an electronic caller for Hogs - Primos Alpha Dogg - 12/22/15 12:45 AM

That was a couple of my buddies and they have called in a few. The only thing is they say you need to be close to a bedding area because they won't come from long distances. It is very cool quite the adrenaline rush I'm sure.
Posted By: texdexters

Re: Using an electronic caller for Hogs - Primos Alpha Dogg - 12/22/15 01:31 AM

I never had any luck with a call , but my friend called in a big boar playing around yote hunting one night . I use cheap jello mix , when i make chog corn and it seems to work good when there in the area
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum