Texas Hunting Forum

West Texas Hogs Down

Posted By: SapperTitan

West Texas Hogs Down - 10/09/15 10:49 PM

I went hog hunting this weekend and got a late start Friday and didn't get to reconfirm my zero with new 270 ammo so Saturday morning I figured wth it's just pigs if it's off a little I should still hit them. Well first light big pig comes out and I aim for center mass and miss from 225 he runs about 50 yds stops and I think maybe the new bullet is high bc it shoots flatter so aim low and miss again. Immediately got out of the stand and went to check zero. I was approx 6 in low and 4 inches right of bullseye at 100yds. I zeroed her in and then during the evening hunt put a bullet into the ear hole of miss piggy from 225 yds. To say the least in happy with the new rounds loaded by Chad from Dallas Reloads. In all we killed 3 and a few other guys killed some but not sure how many. It was a productive weekend.

My pig
[Linked Image]

Marc (PitchforkPredator) Pig approx 225-250 IMO we had to use the Ranger to drag it off hard to tell but it was huge.
[Linked Image]
Happiness is when you shoot a pig in the ear hole from 225 yds away and blood is still dripping out when you walk to him.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/09/15 10:51 PM

Happiness is a good thing! Nicely done!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 01:22 AM

Daytime piggys cheers
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 02:05 AM

Awesome. Congrats on 2 great kills and many more to go.

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22
Awesome. Congrats on 2 great kills and many more to go.
Travis that big hog Marc killed was the same one I shot 3 times with a varmint round during the dove hunt. My 223 varmint rds didn't even faze him but Marc's 308 did.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 03:55 AM

Sapper these are what we were talking about? What a shot with the one in the ear!! up

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 04:03 AM

Yep thats them.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/10/15 04:09 AM

Hahaaa, way too cool. What a shot guy!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: West Texas Hogs Down - 10/11/15 12:10 AM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum