Texas Hunting Forum

Guess this Pig

Posted By: PoppaG22

Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 07:42 AM

Got a running bet with a buddy... How much does she weigh? I think she's around 250. Didn't have luxury of a scale. But 20 bucks is on the line so be generous with the guessing. I'm 6'3 210 if it helps!

I was in a tree stand and right as the feeder went off I saw what looked like a small cow walking out of the woods (made the one I shot look small). That pig got to the edge of the woods and smelled me pretty quickly and took off. I thought I had missed my chance for the night but about 2 mins later out came this white and black spotted one with a smaller boar. I shot her with the ol 30 30 and she dropped. The boar started to run but was confused I believe to where the shot came from and stopped after running about 70 more yards. I took a rushed shot at him but missed just below. A little out of my range for open sights. But I was pretty pumped about killing that big'n.

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 07:43 AM

I'm 6'3 210 if that helps!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 10:33 AM

Nice spotted pig
Looks to be 220 lbs
At Walmart they have yellow 120 inch measure tapes back in the sewing Dept for about 2 bucks
Wrap it around the hog behind the front shoulder to get a girth measurement
Then times that by ten and subtract 200 and it will be really close to the weight of the pig ..
Girth -times ten -subtract 200 = weight

So if that pigs girth was 42 inches around times ten equals 420 minus 200 pigs weights two hundred twenty pounds
Quick and easy way to get weight on next piggy
Hard to say from a pic but is a super nice pig with a open sight gun
Good luck on ur bet
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 12:41 PM

Nice pig cheers
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 12:57 PM

welcome ta THF.. coolpics unless ya all have an official weight, the bet is still runnen like the one that got away... rofl Even if ya do loose, its less than 5# of sausage... Few questions.. How ya gonna determin the weight ? Who's gonna do the deciding ? How big was the first hog & the weight that made this one look small ? Did ya take this one ta the market & did the boar go wee-wee all the way home ? What was the hog doing in a tree stand ? & What my mind wonders the most- how the heck did it get up thar ? bang My head hurts, curcuts not conecting its gettinng dark, think i blew a fuse...
My posts ain't worth 2cents but guessing from just the pic would say 250+ ... cheers good chooten... flag
Posted By: shadams

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 03:42 PM

WTF haha...I have to read your posts a few times and still leave scratching my head...

Anyway I always over est on pigs, but looks like a big SOB to me....

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 06:42 PM

I guess my first post was confusing so I just re-wrote it haha I was in the tree stand.................. not the pig hahahaha
Posted By: shadams

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 10:40 PM

Sorry, I was referring to colt.45..in the short time I have been around I noticed he is very creative in his posting!
Posted By: Brandon82

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/06/15 11:21 PM

My guess is 250lbs.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/07/15 12:06 AM

220ish! cheers
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/07/15 12:11 AM

A good one have mounted.
I shot one a while back that looked about that big. I am going with Colt.45 on this one, 250.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Guess this Pig - 10/07/15 02:27 AM

Good eating there!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum