Texas Hunting Forum

Kill light motion feeder lights?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Kill light motion feeder lights? - 07/28/15 08:11 PM

Does anyone have any experience with them? Does the gradual brightening really keep them from spooking?
http://elusivewildlife.com/shop/hunting-...-light-red.html
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Kill light motion feeder lights? - 07/28/15 08:28 PM

I have 4 and they work well at my lease. When the light goes on, look for game under and around the feeder. A few of the larger Boars were initially spooked but they got used to it.

The effective distance of seeing your scope reticle under the green light is determined by the quality of your scope. I use Ziess and can easily see the reticle at 10x at 135 - 150 yards. With my Nikon Monarch (very old model), I could see the reticle at 100 yards up to maybe 5x power only.

However..... I've had problems with the motion sensors failing. I've sent two back which were replaced. My other two now have failed motion sensors and one of the replacements is starting to fail intermittently. These will be going back soon.

They have a 1 year warranty and Elusive Wildlife has been great about addressing my issues. I pay postage to send the inoperable ones and they cover return shipping.

I use NV but my guests use these lights for hogs so they're worth dealing with when they fail.
Posted By: Hog Heaven Ranch

Re: Kill light motion feeder lights? - 07/28/15 09:19 PM

I have one and have had no issues with it so far and it is about a year old. I have noticed that more hogs show up when the batteries are getting low and the light isn’t as bright. I have also started to use nv and I am pleased that it doesn’t wash out the image
Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: Kill light motion feeder lights? - 07/28/15 11:46 PM

Think it would screw things up if I only put it out when I was hunting?
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Kill light motion feeder lights? - 07/29/15 12:29 AM

I should add that I use the green LED motion sensor model.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum