Texas Hunting Forum

Mag Dump Boar

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 09:49 AM

When you shoot a hog and break his left leg, I guess he is apt to veer left when he runs. The only problem was that I was to his left, and kneeling. It was a very exciting 8 seconds.

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 11:01 AM

Awesome video. That's the second pig that's run towards this year! Glad it all worked out in the end.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 11:29 AM

How close did it actually get to you? eeks333 Neat!
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 12:36 PM

Way to stay with him - fresh underwear would have been the least of my worries right about then!
Your voice sounded nice and calm in the voiceover....care to share the actual audio or is it NSFW? LOL!

I'm glad it worked out OK.
Want to show this to anybody that asks me why I need a run a 15rnd mag with another one in my backpack AND a 1911 backup.
Some of them still haven't fully grasped pest control.
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 12:51 PM

Wow! Of all the directions he could have chosen to run, did a beeline right for you.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 01:07 PM

That is an outstnding video. Maybe the best all year. Great job of staying with him. I'll never understand (or maybe someone can explain) why they do this (run at you) sometimes. Just a nervous reaction?

Thanks for sharing DNS... up

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 03:54 PM

Mr. TBR (landowner) looked at the video and suggested with the large growth around the hog's penile area that this was just a case of 'soowie-cide by hunter.'

How close did he get to me? He crossed in front of me at about 10 feet. He was close enough that his head and shoulder pretty well filled up my scope's 3x field of view before going completely out of focus. I put labels on the image, but you may have to step back from the computer or squint to make out what is on the screen. He still got closer after this.

Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 04:12 PM

Great video! Well Done.

I always enjoy your videos, thanks once again.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 04:13 PM

Great Video!
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 04:15 PM

Very cool video.
Posted By: customcutter

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 07:55 PM

Dang, time for another trip to Walmart. You've shot one facing away, and had him run at you. Now you've shot one facing at you and had him, run at you. I'm thinking broadside, neck shots is the only solution. That or mount the 3x on a beltfed. lol444

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 08:24 PM

Quote:
Dang, time for another trip to Walmart.

I buy the family pack now!
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/16/15 11:02 PM

Time for that .458 SOCOM.

The first hog that did that...I chalked up to running a 'death circle', seen that quite a few times, but this one just had a broken leg and was not 'running dead on his feet'. Can't explain this one...except you have exceptional 'luck'. Actually made me laugh when I read this happened a second time to you. I mean that in a nice way. smile

Your 'split times' are getting better..... or maybe you just had more incentive? Good job, thanks for sharing.

Flint.

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/17/15 02:42 AM

Hey flint, I actually have several videos where the hogs run toward me, though usually it does not matter because I am in the stand at the time. Sometimes it is several individuals.

I think when folks document things enough, sometimes the "rare" events turn out to maybe be not as rare as believed.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Mag Dump Boar - 07/17/15 03:07 AM

Way to get him, ping was more of a ringing on that one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum