Texas Hunting Forum

Bosque County 6 Pack

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Bosque County 6 Pack - 06/30/15 03:13 PM

As is our Monday routine, the Hessian and I headed to Bosque County to hunt in the oats. On the way down, storms formed over our hunt area and it rained fairly heavily, but had stopped raining by the time we arrived. We checked cams and got parked when we noticed hogs out in the field - a good sign!

When was all said and done, we had 670 lbs of hogs at the bottom of a hill in a muddy field. So they were donated back to nature further down the hill in the bottoms.

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 06/30/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: DNS
670# of hogs

cheers You use the tape measure method ta get weight ? rofl beats lugging that scale.. i carry backpack whin hit the woods, & try get em on ice as fast as can... Hogs not coming inta corn... Have sat untold hours waiting confused2 ya got these in oat field ? Been pudding out that throw & grow for deer in food plot... Work up ground with rake, last year friend let me borrow his tiller.. Might have ta try oats, food prices going up... popcorn watch video whin get ta internet... Cant even post a pic, with this android.. flag
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 06/30/15 05:26 PM

That was a huge sounder....you showed a lot more restraint than I would have. I think I would have emptied the mag into that group!

Nice killing...I'm jealous of your hunts and videos!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 06/30/15 09:59 PM

aim
Great shooting and video
Posted By: pigslayer10

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 07/02/15 08:14 PM

Nice! I also hunt in Bosque County, actually just got back from hunting yesterday and the night before, unfortunately no luck though. I was stumped, no wallows on any pond on the lease, no fresh rooting anywhere there usually is, and no signs of anything but cows along the creek.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 07/02/15 10:18 PM

Nice shooting!

I think I've only once in the past 2-3 years seen that many hogs at one time.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Bosque County 6 Pack - 07/03/15 12:42 AM

Yeah, dT, you know, it only looked like about 20 hogs, which was a lot for me, but when they broke out of the oats and into the clear, those little ones just kept coming and coming. I will admit to being a little overwhelmed at seeing so much movement and so many targets as to not reacting quickly enough. Of course, that is partially how group defense works for herd animals against predators.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum