Texas Hunting Forum

Itching to Go Out

Posted By: pigslayer10

Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 12:44 AM

Well I finally got me an AR and almost set up for varmint hunting (workin at Bass Pro is a blessing and a curse cheers ) Now the only problem is all this rain has my usual spot flooded and unreachable. Don't get me wrong, we needed the rain, but I'm itching for some sitting time now.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 01:34 AM

cheers the whole place is flooded ? Morning hunts still cool, catch hogs heading for higher & shaded ground... Best wishes.. flag

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 03:13 AM

Well swamped would be more fitting. I gotta go through a hay field to get there and I don't wanna tear anything up so it'll be a hike back there. Thank ya though!

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 04:30 AM

Your AR set up for .223 , 5.56 ? Good round for yotes.. Not much knock down power on hogs, use it at WMA were hunt hogs, light easy ta cary... Keep shots short distance, not good blood trail.. Have had great success with cheap .55 gr fmj... Got scope over laser under set up for hogs here betwwen two corn feeders.. Go sit from time ta time if hogs show up on cams.... flag

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 06:59 PM

It's chambered in 5.56. Not much public land or any WMA anywhere near by. Got a few days off next week might have to make a trip to the deer lease and lay into some pigs or yotes. aim
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/21/15 08:40 PM

Don't we all!! My dogs haven't been out in weeks!!

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/22/15 11:45 PM

She's almost done, just gotta get me a sling stud to mount my bipod and I'll be set. Put a magpul hand guard on there and did some color fill.

Re: Itching to Go Out - 05/23/15 03:00 AM

cheers nice rig flag
Posted By: fill

Re: Itching to Go Out - 06/01/15 09:09 PM

Im just across the 30 from you in Caddo. Let me know if you want someone coming along and watching your 6. Im new out here from San Diego so I dont have too many "spots" yet. Although ive got pretty much the same setup as you, just chambered in 6x45mm though. So Im hucking 87 grain rounds instead of 55s.

I mostly go for yotes and bcats. Ive got plenty of calls and my foxpro, so if we cant get the pigs to show up I can get the cats and dogs to come in. Im setup for after dark hunting too if need be.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum