Texas Hunting Forum

Found a Dog Town

Posted By: Ritter

Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 03:51 AM

I got a call from a couple of friends late Saturday night wanting to know how many rounds I had loaded for my 6.5x47 and if I was interested in a few prairie dogs they had found. We all met up early Sunday morning and proceeded to thin the population out in two different dog towns. The shooting started off fast with prairie dogs from 200 yards all the way out to 700+ and by the afternoon the wind had picked up quite a bit and made those longer shots a lot of fun.

By the end of the day there were a lot of these little critters to feed the coyotes and buzzards.

Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 03:52 AM

very cool
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 04:05 AM

Nice
Posted By: H-Town Hunter

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 04:16 AM

Thats bad a** nice shooting!
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 12:26 PM

cheers
Posted By: Minter66

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 05:21 PM

I'm not versed on Prairie Dogs, are they more of a menace than other critters?
Posted By: Ritter

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Minter66

Minter,
They will tear up a pasture and eat the grass down to the roots. The ranch owner had poisoned these towns a year ago and wants them gone so we did what we could to help him out.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 08:42 PM

up
Posted By: Minter66

Re: Found a Dog Town - 04/28/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ritter
Originally Posted By: Minter66

Minter,
They will tear up a pasture and eat the grass down to the roots. The ranch owner had poisoned these towns a year ago and wants them gone so we did what we could to help him out.

Good to know, didn't know they were that destructive!
Posted By: HS2

Re: Found a Dog Town - 05/01/15 04:03 AM

I saw some north of Denver a couple of weeks ago.......had made a town in the esplanade next to the highway.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Found a Dog Town - 05/01/15 11:24 AM

the county around Longmont, Co. has a ban on shooting p.d's, the do gooder's claim that they are good for the wild life (other critters use their holes) they have never seen a cow or horse that has stepped in one and broke leg
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum