Texas Hunting Forum

Backyard Coyote

Posted By: Hirogen

Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 01:45 PM

I was down in my basement office this morning and at 8:30 am my wife yells to me that there is a coyote in the backyard. I run to the safe grab the rifle closest to the front (.308) stop at the ammo can and grab the first box of .308 ammo I can find. Ammo turns out to be 165 grain Accubonds.

Get into the family room and can see that the coyote is still there and is about 5 yards from the tree line and about 100 yards from the house. I slide open the double hung window on the deck door and the coyote looks at the door but does not bolt. I than load 3 rounds, chamber one, rest the rifle stock on the sill, take aim and tell my wife to plug her ears.

Coyote is slight quartering away and has turned its head back to the trees. I put the crosshairs behind its shoulder and pull the trigger. Coyote immediately goes down and thrashes for 5-10 seconds and than struggles back to its feet and turns 3 circles and goes back down for good.

Healthy looking young male:

View from the shooting position. You can just make out the dead coyote at the back of the cut grass trail in the centre of the photo. The closer object that looks like an animal is my sons foam deer shaped archery target (minus the legs).

Posted By: lglidewell

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 02:10 PM

Nice shot! Good lookin' yote!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 02:35 PM

up
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 02:47 PM

When your back yard is Ontario wilderness, I don't doubt you see a few yotes, LOL.

Good shot!
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 04:56 PM

cheers
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 05:10 PM

Good job! up
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/14/15 11:15 PM

Nice!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/15/15 01:56 AM

Gotta love country living. up
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/15/15 05:28 PM

Nice shot, good yote but that love that backyard. Lucky stiff lol
Posted By: passthru

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/15/15 05:46 PM

Hey, snow is gone. Good deal. BTW, kill 'em all.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Backyard Coyote - 04/15/15 07:09 PM

Nice blood pattern! you can tell he spun around a few times almost making a target pattern in the grass with his dead body at the center aim
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum