Texas Hunting Forum

22 Creedmoor action

Posted By: DStroud

22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 12:32 AM

Was guiding some turkey hunters this weekend and between putting some folks on turkeys I made a couple of stands to call a coyote.
First stand called in a pair but only managed to get one.

The next spot I had walked over a ridge to look at a group of Toms strutting and they moved off in the brush so I decided to walk back and get my rifle and sticks to call.
First coyote I was a little too lackadaisical getting on him as he worked his way in and I had not noticed the wind had swirled. It got a wift and buggered out and I waited hoping it would stop when I hit pup distress but no such luck. Then two different coyotes rolled in and I dropped both for a day ending double.
Got lucky as there happen to be nice big rocks near for some photo ops.
Posted By: San Antonio FJ

Re: 22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 01:33 AM

Nice, What are your rifle specs? Im a fellow lefty
Posted By: DStroud

Re: 22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 02:04 AM

It's a Horizon Custom Stiller action with Timney trigger. 24 inch Benchmark barrel 1/8 twist to shoot 75/80gr bullets.
The stock was a Holland (McMillan) that was black but Derrick at Horizon Firearms painted it up nice and bedded it. Also using HF bottom with detachable magazine.
Shooting 75gr AMax at 3460fps with the load I am using now.

Posted By: San Antonio FJ

Re: 22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 02:46 AM

sounds like a great rifle someday im going to build me a rifle with a defiance machine action LH bolt RH port in 260 rem
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: 22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 02:48 AM

Nice
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: 22 Creedmoor action - 03/30/15 12:46 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum