Texas Hunting Forum

I'm hooked!

Posted By: Jimbo1

I'm hooked! - 03/15/15 04:19 PM

At the lease last night for the first time with my new XLR250 clip on light from XtremePredator Products. The green light easily lit up my feeder at 149 yards and could still see trough the scope at around 200 yards. Had a yote come out around 100 yards, took a too quick shot, the muzzle blast in the scope was pretty dramatic! About 15 min later took out a coon at 80 yards over a pig pipe. Great product, now I'm hooked on night hunting!
Posted By: 4dog

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/15/15 04:26 PM

It is kind of and addiction...lol
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/15/15 11:26 PM

Yeah, be careful... I started out with a weapon mounted green light...now I'm on the crack of night hunting...thermal. Watch out or you'll be on the hard stuff like many of us. cry
Posted By: Vern1

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/15/15 11:55 PM

Heed dfwroadkill's words....it's a sickness!
Flashlight first
Then handheld green light to scan and green light on gun to shoot.
Then cheap gen1 or digital hand scanner to spot and green light to shoot.
Then onto DigiSights and Photons and Xsights...OH MY!!!

Right about there you are really hooked and things start looking thermal.....
So I'm saving for thermal now but still dropping pigs with the N750 and Photon 5X!
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/16/15 01:24 AM

Join the club
Posted By: panther89

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/17/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
At the lease last night for the first time with my new XLR250 clip on light from XtremePredator Products. The green light easily lit up my feeder at 149 yards and could still see trough the scope at around 200 yards. Had a yote come out around 100 yards, took a too quick shot, the muzzle blast in the scope was pretty dramatic! About 15 min later took out a coon at 80 yards over a pig pipe. Great product, now I'm hooked on night hunting!

cheers welcome to the club of night hunting!!
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/17/15 03:20 PM

Yep starts with a green light and ends with gen 3 and thermal. Thermal is pretty addicting.
Posted By: JHOG

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/17/15 05:16 PM

There is nothing better than hunting predators at night!
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/17/15 09:38 PM

They are right it is addictive and you just want the next best thing. Best of luck.
Posted By: ccreyeder

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/17/15 11:36 PM

Oh man, you are done for now! I don't even want to hunt during the day anymore. Lol

"Hello, my name is ccreyeder... And I am an addict..." Lol

Sigh .. I remember the good ol days when a little hit of green light would satisfy.

Just ribbing you.. Congrats and have fun!
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/18/15 11:57 AM

Jonesing to get back out there but looks like rain all week and weekend at the lease. Wouldn't bother me too much except my area is probably under water and I would tear up the roads getting back there. Oh well, maybe next weekend.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/19/15 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Vern1
Heed dfwroadkill's words....it's a sickness!
Flashlight first
Then handheld green light to scan and green light on gun to shoot.
Then cheap gen1 or digital hand scanner to spot and green light to shoot.
Then onto DigiSights and Photons and Xsights...OH MY!!!

Right about there you are really hooked and things start looking thermal.....
So I'm saving for thermal now but still dropping pigs with the N750 and Photon 5X!

This ^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Beckett

Re: I'm hooked! - 03/20/15 02:43 AM

I'll walk in ice, mud, sleet, rain, and huddle in 18 degree weather to hunt at night. Like a crack whore lookin' for the next fix......

It sure is fun though!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum