Texas Hunting Forum

Snow Yote

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Snow Yote - 02/28/15 08:22 AM

This was a lot of fun.

We got hit with a nasty snow storm up in north Texas. Schools closed. Businesses closed. Roads were terrible. So it seemed like a good time to drive out to Montague County and hunt...

Nice slow motion bit at the end.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 08:46 AM

That was awesome DNS, what call was that that you were using? aim
Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 08:50 AM

up

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: billyhunt
That was awesome DNS, what call was that that you were using? aim

That annoying little call is a Knight and Hale Cottontail Predator Call (Distress Call). They cost about $9 (Amazon). I have used it several times to get the attention of coyotes and bobcats. I am very pleased with how well it works.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 09:15 AM

Okay, that's what I thought, just different sounding on video. I call myself, heck I still have some mouth calls from the old Burnham Bros if you've ever heard of them.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 02:46 PM

DNS turned me onto that K & H a little while back. It is killer for sure. Works very well.

Another great job DNS! You're insane man, wind chill showed 14 and I had seen 12.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 02:50 PM

cheers
Great shot

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 03:01 PM

When it wasn't snowing, walking around wasn't too bad, even with the breeze. Walking around while it was blowing and snowing was the pits, however. That was some stinging wet snow. Fortunately, there is a heater in the stand and in the truck!
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 03:45 PM

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 05:32 PM

Nice video. I'm thinking of heading out tonight and this may have just convinced me.. Thanks

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 06:20 PM

I didn't see hogs, but yotes, deer, and raccoons were plentiful where I hunted. Everything stayed on the move last night.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Snow Yote - 02/28/15 06:31 PM

Cool video
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum