Texas Hunting Forum

Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found

Posted By: Robertylee

Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 06:15 AM

Any ideas what this could be if it isn't a pig? Giant buck track?
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 06:52 AM

welcome
Posted By: postoak

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 07:41 AM

I would be unsure about that one.
Posted By: Theblakester

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 09:17 AM

Looks like it. Do u want hogs on your place?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 11:16 AM

Deer is what it could be.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 12:26 PM

looks like a bambi print.

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 12:35 PM

And not so much of a giant buck as much as soft, wet dirt. Could be a doe.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 12:48 PM

Deer...and it slid a bit forward on that step.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 01:13 PM

Where are you located?
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 02:30 PM

put some trail cams up and find out. up

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 04:49 PM

Not exactly, they do cause damage right? I don't have that much experience with them.

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 04:50 PM

Just north of Cove
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

Yep, that's my guess, too.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: der Teufel
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

Yep, that's my guess, too.
X3
Posted By: High Country Archer

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 07:07 PM

That's a big pig track!!! Too squared off to be a deer. grill
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 07:57 PM

Yep. Pig.
Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 09:14 PM

deer
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/23/15 09:56 PM

A deer. Dew claws look big because it sunk into the ground. Might have been on a trot.

How far away from each other are the hoof prints?
Posted By: Jhop

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/24/15 12:34 AM

There are some pigs just north of Cove. That being said it looks like a deer track to me.
Posted By: 22hemi13

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/24/15 01:09 AM

I think I need a couple more pics to be sure. Looks like pig and then it kinda don't. Wet ground can make it fun sometimes
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/24/15 01:19 AM

Looks like a deer that that was made in the mud and then more rain hit after and smoothed it out. Could be a pig track, but with your history and seeing the wet ground, I go with deer.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/24/15 01:52 AM

How far apart where the tracks? Anymore pics of tracks? I would say deer also from that pic.
Posted By: Freeman

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/24/15 01:17 PM

There were some hogs around the extension to Skyline Drive before they cleared it and did all the development. Not many, but enough to root up the ground when it got wet out there, so its possible they moved off to the north where there is not so much construction activity.
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/25/15 04:35 AM

My guess would be a hog. If a deer was trotting then there would be some more left over dirt behind the track where it kicked it up. But my guess is as good as yours. I will go with the above and say put a trail cam out
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/25/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Robertylee
Not exactly, they do cause damage right? I don't have that much experience with them.

Yes they do.
Posted By: gunnut81

Re: Have never had history of pigs on the property but look what I found - 02/26/15 12:18 AM

It has dew claws so clearly a whitetail buck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum