Texas Hunting Forum

Disposal of guts and carcass

Posted By: Carlos B

Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/30/15 09:40 PM

What is your prefer method to get rid of all the guts, carcass, hog heads, and so on?

What about coyotes? How do you dispose of them?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/30/15 10:05 PM

It is a circle, shoot hogs, leave those items where have a good setup for shooting yotes at that location. Shoot yotes and hogs that come in for an easy meal and the carcass numbers increase. Of course the yotes, hogs and buzzard will clean up almost all the mess.

Selected location is in area where not draining into tanks and long runoff to creek if it ever rains. Rarely is a carcass still there after 2 days.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/30/15 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Rarely is a carcass still there after 2 days.
Ours is gone in a day. If the yotes don't clean it up that night, the buzzards will pick it clean by the end of the next day. And we drag everything off at least a couple hundred yards from camp.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/31/15 01:31 AM

Depending on where I am, the carcasses get dragged out of the center of fields to the edges, out of the way of the farmer's activities, or get moved to a designated disposal area.

As for gut piles, I don't know why anybody worries out them. Generally, they don't last more than a few hours and they don't involve anything particular tough or solid to foul the farmer's gear like bone or hide.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/31/15 03:59 AM

Nature has a way of taking care of this.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/31/15 04:42 AM

Pile them up and hunt the pile.
Posted By: Western

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 01/31/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Depending on where I am, the carcasses get dragged out of the center of fields to the edges, out of the way of the farmer's activities, or get moved to a designated disposal area.

As for gut piles, I don't know why anybody worries out them. Generally, they don't last more than a few hours and they don't involve anything particular tough or solid to foul the farmer's gear like bone or hide.

Same here, if it is in the way of Ag activity or other traffic, I will move it to a safer spot. Other than that stays where it lays. I used to hang coyotes on fences years ago, used to be a town talking peace, but as time went on, seemed to get more critical action (fences by the roads), now I just toss them.
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Disposal of guts and carcass - 02/26/15 03:50 PM

Great info. Thanks guys!
rock_on
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum