Texas Hunting Forum

Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina

Posted By: Beckett

Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/29/15 11:03 PM

Fox News

Click on the link above for the story. Looks like an escaped domestic pig to me.
Posted By: East

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/29/15 11:16 PM

Would think they could of got some better pics with today technology
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/29/15 11:18 PM

From your link...

Quote:
Bruce, an experienced hog hunter who has killed some in the 150-pound range, likened the Russian boar to a charging buffalo.

That is about as much of a Russian boar as I am. Yes, it is a pen-raised hog, feral, but not a Russian boar, LOL.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/29/15 11:41 PM

Nah, not buying it...
Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 12:22 AM

Big hog for sure! Wonder if they got it officially weighed? I found this quote the most interesting "The father and son utilized the steep terrain to drag the 7-foot, 4-inch hog until others helped moving it." The largest hog I've shot was over 300lbs. I had one person help me load it onto a hitch basket and we could BARELY move the sucker, I mean it was TOUGH! Looking back now I laugh at how we struggled and how that hitch basket was dragging on the ground!!

After my experience with that hog I can't imagine moving a 700+lb hog with two people, maybe we were just wimps!
Posted By: Western

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 12:34 AM

Looks like they squatted 10' behind that pig for the photo?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 12:47 AM

bang wish had better reception. have ta wait ta watch video. it took several tries ta log-in. confused2 And i didn't log-out flag
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Looks like they squatted 10' behind that pig for the photo?

I know, right?
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 03:48 PM

Rock solid proof and I'm all in.
Badly staged pics and no scales - color me skeptical.
Posted By: texasbowhunter321

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 05:30 PM

That fact that it was reported by Foxnews left me skeptical popcorn
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: East

Not everyone has crystal clean lenses east

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 05:53 PM

Down at OSBWMA. Not sure, think it was feral hog. Thick area, it been awhile, & no scales. 60-80# hog stepped out. Tride ta get video with cell phone. it grunted, bluff charged, then 5#ers stepped out with another 60-80# hog. First one charged ta within 10feet, others turned & ran. First one followed. Was on trail, in thick area, & hogs came out on different trail. Few years later, had hog spin& run straight at me after firing around at it. Had to side step. 2cents Wounded or cornered even a deer will charge. dogs invaolved. theyll run at a person. Think theirs videos of that. flag

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

cheers i got a picture of Bigfoot . Not very clear. Was shaking. He had a big gator across his shoulders. bang All i caught was a gecko. flag
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 06:42 PM

look at the shadow of the boy and the pig there squatting at least 5 feet behind it

"Bruce estimated that the hog was about 30 yards away when it angled just slightly to expose its vitals. Bruce pulled the trigger of his .25-06 rifle and dropped the massive beast."

and how many times have you hit the vittles only to have the hog keep running I would have aimed for the head if it was charging
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 10:50 PM

The Houston Chronicle had an article where a hunter killed an 800 pound hog also.
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/30/15 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Carlos B
The Houston Chronicle had an article where a hunter killed an 800 pound hog also.

The story was in the photo section, another interesting story!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/...aught-it-alive/
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/31/15 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

That isn't a clean lens issue. That would appear to be a still taken from video footage, fairly low res at that.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Father, son bag charging 700-pound boar in North Carolina - 01/31/15 01:41 AM

That's a nice hog, it may have started his life in a pen but he's been in the wild long enough to take on some of the wild look.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum