Texas Hunting Forum

Edwards county area for Hog Hunting?

Posted By: gabesphotography

Edwards county area for Hog Hunting? - 01/13/15 08:05 PM

I am a novice hog hunter and I have been looking for a place to go hog hunting. I have found several places ranging from $100 per day to $500 for a two day package. However, I recently found a place in Edwards county that offered a 3 day hunt for $100 (Offering cabin included but no running water) this seems like it's too good to be true, especially when you compare it to other offers I have seen posted. So my question is,
"is this a reasonable price for the area because there aren't that many hogs in the area and the chances of getting a pig is very low, or am I just over analyzing the situation". any help some of you veteran hog hunters can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Edwards county area for Hog Hunting? - 01/13/15 08:11 PM

I own some land in Edwards County. There are tons of hogs out there, but each place is different. The price is low, so be careful.
Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: Edwards county area for Hog Hunting? - 01/15/15 01:26 AM

I agree with NewUlmBoy. Lots of hogs in one area, few in others. $100 for 3 days sounds like a fantasy in these days.
Posted By: gabesphotography

Re: Edwards county area for Hog Hunting? - 01/15/15 07:02 PM

That's what I was thinking,thanks for the comments..and help
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: Edwards county area for Hog Hunting? - 01/19/15 06:04 AM

I'm at the edge of real county/Edwards county. I have hog/axis hunts if UR intrested. I got a lot of hogs I want to thin out this off season
anytimeoutdoorsguideservice.com
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum