Texas Hunting Forum

"The Legend"

Posted By: Stones1950

"The Legend" - 12/26/14 03:10 AM

Howdy and Merry Christmas,

New to the forum. Thought I’d introduce myself with a campfire story that happened on our ranch about four years ago.

One day on the ranch, our ranch manager, his dog and I were out checking our hog and raccoon traps while on the way to put up a new blind and feeder.

We came up on a trap with about a 50-60 lb. hog in it. Instead of shooting the pig, as we were running a little late for the blind and feeder setup, the RM threw the caged hog in the bed of his truck. He said he'd take care of it back at camp when we got done with our chores.

When we got to the spot we were putting up the blind, the RM puts the caged pig on top of a small concrete water trough so it could drink because we were going to be there for a few hours.

While we're erecting the blind on top of a hill, his dog honed in on the hog in the cage, barking and charging the cage. This was one irritated pig by the time we were done.

As we're loading up our tools in the truck, the dog was still at it with the pig, I said I sure hope that dog doesn't knock that cage open and, of course, that jinxed it.

As my RM approached the cage to pick it up, the dog charged it one last time and, sure enough, knocked the door open.

The RM jumped and tried to grab the pig by its back legs as it rushed out of the cage. The pig spun on him, jumped and bit him on what I thought was his upper thigh.

The dog jumped on the pig and, again, the pig spun and came after the RM. At that point, he kicked a field goal with the pig proving that pigs can fly. The pig hit the ground, jumped up and tore off into the brush with the dog in hot pursuit.

When the RM dropped to his knees, I knew he'd been bit hard and I ran to him asking him if he was bleeding. All I got out of him was to leave him alone.

Back at camp, the RM disappeared into the bathroom for about ten minutes. To say the least, I was really worried.

When he finally came out, I asked if he was alright. All he said was, "He bit me on the ****!"

I said, "WHAT?"

He said, "The &%# bit me on the ****! I got teeth marks on my ****!"

Still worried, I asked, "Are you bleeding? Do I need to take you to hospital?"

He said, "Naw, no blood, but it's pretty bruised up!"

At that point, I lost it. Took me about an hour to stop laughing. Only thing that stopped me laughing was when he offered to show it to me and I said, "El Paso on that!!"

After calling my brother, telling him the story and after much more laughter, my brother nicknamed the ranch manager and the episode became known as "The Legend of B.J. Hogd**k”!

It's our favorite campfire story to this day!

Stones1950< Mods, I believe the cussing by my ranch manager was appropriate under the circumstances, but if this post offends anyone, I apologize and please delete it.

Posted By: blackcoal

Re: "The Legend" - 12/26/14 03:13 AM

welcome
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: "The Legend" - 12/26/14 03:45 AM

That's a good story
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: "The Legend" - 12/26/14 04:42 AM

welcome ta THF flag
Posted By: RednecksOasis

Re: "The Legend" - 12/26/14 05:53 AM

Awesome!