Texas Hunting Forum

Ft Stockton Hogs?

Posted By: cazador1022

Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/14/14 10:18 PM

Anyone know if they have feral hogs around Ft Stockton/ Alpine area? Bow or rifle either way?
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/14/14 10:42 PM

Gonna be few and far between in that county.

Mainly gonna be concentrated around brushy draws
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/19/14 12:29 PM

There are hogs in that country. Went mule deer hunting a few years back and was surprised to see a few hogs. There are quite a few out around the pecan orchard. They will be concentrated in the draws and water if you have any.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/19/14 12:45 PM

I hunted south of Ft Stockton in the early 90's and they had hogs then on a ranch next to the Longfellow. Where I hunt know we have had a few hogs for the last 8 years. None of the places have a lot of them. Finding them is not easy but if you have farmland close then that is where they will likely be. Water will be the key for hogs. Find it and then follow the hog sign. I have never heard of anyone outfitting hog hunts in that area though.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/19/14 04:45 PM

A bunch of hogs around Belding SW of Ft Stockton. They are all over Clayton Williams farms and the pecan orchards.
Back in the 90's I hunted them south of Marfa on the Alameda Creek. Desert is full of hogs
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/20/14 10:16 PM

Lots of hogs around Ft. Davis saw 30 to 40 a day while Elk hunting last year with clients.
Also hit a big old boar half way between Alpine and Marfa one night.

Do your research and make some calls, Im sure someone is offering hunts for them in that
area.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Ft Stockton Hogs? - 12/21/14 05:16 AM

Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum