Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information?

Posted By: TXGH

Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/09/14 01:24 AM

Anyone hunt this place?

The ad is all over the Houston craigslist... If so how did you do? thoughts?

Thanks!
Posted By: KillzoneFlashlights

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/09/14 07:32 PM

I have family in Hempstead which is close by Monaville. I thought about checking it out but saw some other people posting on craigslist that it was a scam or that that there was no hogs there. Never been there so take this with a grain of salt. If you decide to go let me know how it works out for ya!
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/09/14 09:34 PM

I am going to go. He does have a policy if you do not kill a hog you can re hunt for free... But we will see. I looked at the satellite map and there are some water sources that could hold hogs, but I dunno. Its not a LARGE lake or river or creek which you would think you would need for them to travel.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/09/14 09:36 PM

Don't know about the hogs, but I have been there. Singlehandedly I cleared out that bar/icehouse there at the intersection. Showed up there once at lunchtime to meet a guy. I came straight from the office in suit and tie. Got out of my car at the big icehouse rolling door, took off my sunglasses. Took a look around at the crowded area (packed with guys at noon, shooting pool and drinking beer). Didn't see the guy I was looking for, so went into the little attached grocery store. Was only in there long enough to look around, and he wasn't there either. Went back into the bar/icehouse and it was totally empty except for the bartender. Cloud of dust in the gravel parking lot. Hmmm. That's strange. Went over to the bar and ordered a light beer and the bartender said "you a Fed?". All the power and light trucks and guys were gone. All the illegals were gone. Even the cowboys were gone. Nothing but dust in the air. I have to assume that not ONE person was in there that should have been in there. The beer was cold. My bud showed up soon and said "where is everybody?"
Posted By: texasbowhunter321

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/09/14 09:41 PM

grin classic
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/10/14 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
Don't know about the hogs, but I have been there. Singlehandedly I cleared out that bar/icehouse there at the intersection. Showed up there once at lunchtime to meet a guy. I came straight from the office in suit and tie. Got out of my car at the big icehouse rolling door, took off my sunglasses. Took a look around at the crowded area (packed with guys at noon, shooting pool and drinking beer). Didn't see the guy I was looking for, so went into the little attached grocery store. Was only in there long enough to look around, and he wasn't there either. Went back into the bar/icehouse and it was totally empty except for the bartender. Cloud of dust in the gravel parking lot. Hmmm. That's strange. Went over to the bar and ordered a light beer and the bartender said "you a Fed?". All the power and light trucks and guys were gone. All the illegals were gone. Even the cowboys were gone. Nothing but dust in the air. I have to assume that not ONE person was in there that should have been in there. The beer was cold. My bud showed up soon and said "where is everybody?"

You swear?? That's funny!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/10/14 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BigBucky2014
Originally Posted By: 603Country

You swear?? That's funny!!

clap
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/10/14 09:07 PM

I swear to you that every word is the truth. I've been laughing about that for many years. Only time I ever cleared a bar by myself.

There was (maybe still is) a pasture golf course close to there called Fox Run if I remember correctly. My bud and I would meet there every now and then, but that day he wanted to meet at the icehouse first. He used to play for the Vikings, so he might have been able to clear the bar if he'd been so inclined. Big guy. Fun guy for sure. Rotten golfer, just like me.

Houston is growing so fast, there's probably a Walmart, Walgreens and CVS there by now.
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/11/14 05:03 PM

I have seen the ad all over the CL.

He does hog hunts for $150 per hunter per night. He "guarantees" your satisfaction of getting hogs or you can re-hunt for free. He has a 25 acre hay field with 2 stocked fishing ponds. There is land all around him that range from 500 to 2000 acres. The hogs live there because no one has worked the land or cleared it.

I addition he charges $57 per group as a feed charge. If you decide to camp there is a $30 per person. He has a few blinds and feeders.

He also posts about bartering work around his property for free hunts.
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Hog Hunts in Monaville, TX CraigsList ad around Houston ... Any information? - 12/12/14 05:00 PM

I personally have not visited the place and could not testify to the experience. But, I do think he's charging a little too much and there are other places around that could beat the deal or charge the same but with a higher hunting area.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum