Texas Hunting Forum

Coyotes Around Junction

Posted By: TexFlip

Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 12:46 AM

We've had our place in Junction since 1992 and have never heard or seen a coyote. Used to be a lot of sheep around here and the coyote were pretty much wiped out by professionals. Opening week my father in law thought he heard one but wasn't sure. I'm sitting on the front porch and just heard two off in the distance. Guess they're back. realmad
Posted By: JB10

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 12:50 AM

rifle
Posted By: BooneDog

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 02:06 AM

I remember as a kid sitting at Isaaks listening to the old timers get a coyote lynch mob together when there were reports of coyotes in the area. My family is from Junction and we own a little piece of family land on the Main Llano. I have heard exactly 1 coyote howl in Kimble county in my 38 yrs. Pulled in to open the gate and heard a howl way back in the hills about midnight a few years ago.
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 12:40 PM

I hunted Junction for 15 years. Never heard a coyote and always thought that was an incredible feat to wipe out every single one.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 02:24 PM

don't you know, coyotes don't howl anymore, like rattle snakes don't rattle blush
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 03:47 PM

good target practice
rifle
Posted By: tx_biologist

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/05/14 08:07 PM

They are here. Been trying to work on them for 2 months. They came from the south up the East Prong of the Nueces. They have been bad down there. Its been bad reminded me of south Texas, right up to the house.
Posted By: DanPhifer

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/08/14 02:44 AM

It will take lots of shooting to wipe them out around us.
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/08/14 04:29 AM

I've hunted outside of the London area for the last thirty years. I've started hearing coyotes only over the past two years. We hear them on most trips down there now. I don't think there are many at all but they have moved into the area. We have tons of fox which I regularily hunt. Never called in a coyote though.
Posted By: nolanspawn

Re: Coyotes Around Junction - 12/14/14 03:33 PM

Took this a couple of days before Thanksgiving. 8 miles NE or Junction.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...amp;oe=5513E9A8

I had been hearing a pack all morning then it went quiet. I looked over and she was walking through an opening. after I shot I heard what sounded like pups yipping.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum