Texas Hunting Forum

Coyotes Everywhere

Posted By: Aggie Angler 99

Coyotes Everywhere - 11/24/14 12:12 PM

I saw 6 coyotes at my deer lease yesterday morning. We've shot several in the past, but evidently it wasn't enough. We have an electronic call and 'sit-n-spin' decoy. I plan on waging war between deer hunts this weekend.

Any additional advice??????
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/24/14 05:06 PM

Get em, and if you need help, call me. I'd be drooling over seeing 6 of em. I get more of a kick out of shooting coyotes than I do deer these days.

Generally, they'll be approaching from downwind. If they show up in a pair, like they often do, shoot the one that's trailing. The one in front will run, but will then usually stop and look back to see what happened. Be ready. Also, if you shoot one, the other is likely close, so wait around and watch close.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/25/14 02:06 PM

Leave that caller at home and learn how to trap em, you might be able to shoot a few but you'd be able to trap prob 5x the amount of coyotes with the same effort that you put forth in trying to call, you will eventually educate them to not commit to your call if you overdue it. If you legitimately saw 6 then there's a lot more trust me. If you just want to play around with em for awhile then yah call em up, but if you want em gone, steel is the only way to put a good dent in em
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/25/14 05:21 PM

get you some mouth call's, works better for me.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/26/14 09:27 PM

What is the best call this time of year now till the end of the deer season?
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/27/14 07:47 AM

Fawn bleat...since it's deer season...you can deer hunt and coyote hunt...

Seriously, can you mew like a small kitten?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 11/30/14 11:33 PM

I would use some of the coyote vocals, I don't use distress right away.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Coyotes Everywhere - 12/01/14 12:26 AM

rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum