Texas Hunting Forum

Sitting in the deer stand...

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Sitting in the deer stand... - 11/01/14 10:51 PM

...and just gave a coyote a dirt nap. Pics to follow...back to deer hunting.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Sitting in the deer stand... - 11/01/14 11:05 PM

all i seen was a bunch of squirrels. gonnna head out catch last bit of daylight. best wishes flag
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Sitting in the deer stand... - 11/02/14 01:33 AM

Sweet ..what cal?

Going in am to bust out the new foxpro krakatoa2 hope hunters around me enjoy distress sounds
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Sitting in the deer stand... - 11/02/14 04:58 PM

confused2 android realy acting up taday. it sent error, didn't post. guess it time ta go sit awhile, .410 for squirrel, AR for hogs, camera incase deer shows. U get any yotes. wangle must not of seen deer ta likens. best wishes. flag
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Sitting in the deer stand... - 11/03/14 02:38 AM

I was deer hunting sitting on a small tank dam in a 16' tower stand overlooking about 2 cleared acres surrounded by thick woods. Had not seen any deer when had a pair of yotes come in from my right down wind. They passed in front of the stand within 10 yds and moved off the my left up wind. Had to let them get about 70 yds out to get the scope on the big male in front. When I made a sound he turned broadside and stopped. I put a .308 from my DPMS Panther thru his neck. He dropped like a sack of potatoes and the female hit the woods at full speed. She yelped, barked, and howled for about 45 minutes. I was hoping she would ease back to the edge of the woods but she never came in.

Will post pics tomorrow. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum