Texas Hunting Forum

Hog huting near pilot point?

Posted By: joshbenavides

Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/18/12 05:39 AM

I recently moved to Pilot Point and with diesel prices im tired of driving all the way out to fannin county. anybody got a place near pilot point or within 30mi or so that needs some pigs removed? All leads are greatly appreciated. Also, I know you can hunt on the lake but its bow only and i prefer rifle/shotgun Thanks, Josh
Posted By: unwutarmy

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/18/12 02:23 PM

Hey man I'm from Aubrey, let me know if you find a place/need a hand .. pm me for cell number.. I know of a place pretty close to us
Posted By: zippo

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/18/12 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: joshbenavides
I recently moved to Pilot Point and with diesel prices im tired of driving all the way out to fannin county. anybody got a place near pilot point or within 30mi or so that needs some pigs removed? All leads are greatly appreciated. Also, I know you can hunt on the lake but its bow only and i prefer rifle/shotgun Thanks, Josh

I hear yeah we been hunting the way up northwest of gainesville used to have a place next to the lake but no pigs this year,and driving around is getting old.
Posted By: tworod

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/18/12 07:11 PM

If you are in pilot point you could get the permit for lake lewisville, granted it is bow only and a lot of walking but they are there. Denton permit is 20 and they are there too.
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/18/12 10:17 PM

I have thought about lewisville lake, but I wouldnt know where to start.
Posted By: M Bennet

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/19/12 01:51 AM

the green belt off 288 has lots of hogs , they got the slough tore up around the lake, iv caught some hogs in there with a buddy that lives right by it

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 09/19/12 02:08 AM

bennet, it's bow only there (380), right?
Posted By: Chief Wang

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/17/12 07:54 PM

I have killed a lot of pigs around lake ray roberts on the public lands me personally i find bow hunting them fun especially when they are all around the lake!

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/17/12 08:07 PM

I saw a couple guys with crossbows walking across the green belt bridge the other night. Anyone have a good link to the regs for that area?

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/17/12 08:09 PM

i know you have to get a permit from the city of denton but usually every time i drive by there there are pigs walking around

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/17/12 08:53 PM

I just called the city and the permit for that area is $20. The lady said its archery only for the hogs, but shotgun for other animals.

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 03:17 AM

josh, you found any good places to go with rifle/shotgun yet?
Posted By: Wader

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 01:56 PM

+1 on Ray Roberts, I almost never go down 922 without seeing dead hogs on the side of the road. If I was not hunting on family land I would be over there for sure.

-ww

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 03:51 PM

i hunt the public lands on 922 and we see em every time we go out there
i put a game cam up out there last year and this is what came to my stand right under an acorn tree

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 04:02 PM

we also had a guy let us hunt on his land that backed up to the public land a lil bit here are the pigs we got

then had a lil fun catching this little fella

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 04:27 PM

Man Chief, that driveway pic looks like a lot of good eating!

-ww

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 04:31 PM

yeah they came runnin out of an old fallen down barn and will filled them full of some 30-30, 7 mag, and .308 bullets so they had some big holes in em but we still got a lot of meat on em!
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: robdawg14m
I saw a couple guys with crossbows walking across the green belt bridge the other night. Anyone have a good link to the regs for that area?

I bet that was Tworod and I!

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 04:54 PM

Chief, if you ever need another gun/bow/knife in the party let me know. My mother lives down Blanks Road so I am over that way all the time.

-ww

Re: Hog huting near pilot point? - 10/18/12 05:32 PM

i have some friends that live off of blanks road and ill let you know next time i go out there. season dont open up for pigs around the lake till mid january cause of deer season.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum