Texas Hunting Forum

Coon trapping

Posted By: Baylor_Bears

Coon trapping - 05/12/12 04:11 AM

I just got into trapping and have pretty much cleaned out the land I have acces to. I run dog proof traps, so there is no risk of accidental catches or cattle injuries. If anyone has some land around DFW and would be willing to let me, Id take out these pest. No charge, I would even be willing to pay a small amount for how ever many days my traps are on the property. Wouldnt even know I was there, all that would be changed would be the coon population. Might be a long shot but thought id try. Thanks yall
AB

Posted By: jrbb00

Re: Coon trapping - 05/13/12 04:52 PM

This is a good shot at finding a place. One other place might be to leave your name and number at the local feed stoes that are in your area where you would like to trap. Being in the DFW area you might even want to get with local pet vets in the area also being that dogs and cats like to fight coons from time to time. Most folks do not like fluffy getting beat up and will let you take care of their problem for free. One other thing is give your area a break till next fall and the coon population will reestablish itself in you area more than likely.

Good Luck.

Posted By: Smith#34

Re: Coon trapping - 05/14/12 04:53 AM

With all the people complaining about the coons eating their corn on here, I'm sure a few will be more than glad to help you out.

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Coon trapping - 05/14/12 11:46 AM

What are hides bringing now a days?

Posted By: Baylor_Bears

Re: Coon trapping - 05/14/12 08:07 PM

Brought about 8 last year for a decent fur

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Coon trapping - 05/14/12 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Baylor_Bears
Brought about 8 last year for a decent fur

Thanx

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum