Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody seeing any???????

Posted By: Redneck Messiah

Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 12:14 PM

Well guys and gals, Sig226fan and I havent seen hide nor hair of any hogs around here, I called my prossessor yesterday (Po Boys) in Merit, and he says nobody has brought any in. Anyone in Fannin, Red River, Grayson, Hunt county areas havin any luck?

Posted By: tgil

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 01:21 PM

I'm not in any of those counties, but I'll let you know what they're doing in Eastland Co. after this weekend. A lot of people don't hunt them much this time of year.

Posted By: ttuhunter

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 05:15 PM

They've all moved to our place in Brown County!

Posted By: Cool_Hand

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 07:03 PM

Killed a sow and one piglet this morning about 7:30. Coleman Co.

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 07:49 PM

Hoping we can find some after the rains, better luck finding sign and tracking some. Good luck TGIL!

Posted By: MaggieMTx

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 08:53 PM

they've been moving in & outta the place here too...might get one or a few this wknd...put 'em on the smoker lol

Posted By: Matt

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/25/07 08:57 PM

Found some tracks last weekend on my place in Red River county. I set the camera up over a wallow on one of my tanks to see when they are moving through.

Posted By: Wild_Yote

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/26/07 01:36 AM

I had no luck by lake Thomas. Plenty of tracks, clean under feeder. I have left camera and hope to get some pics.
Don't feel bad RM you are not the only one.

Posted By: levitxbowhunter

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/28/07 05:08 AM

my cousin saw twenty one in one group and six in another last thursday, the 24th, also had three more run beside the ranger for about a quarter of a mile last tuesday, all sightings in the daylight and somewhat early, i have pics of a 220lbs and a 190lbs on here that i shot at the same ranch, both with plenty of light left when we spotted them, one was actually at about nine in the morning, sun was already kind of high, this is all in tom green/coke county, levi, might go tomorrow if it will quit raining(never thought i would say that for this area about the rain)

Posted By: B-the-Buck

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/29/07 10:21 PM

My Uncle was at our lease in Red River County on Sunday night and saw two hogs at night while he was shining a light on his feeder....we are heading down this weekend to see what is moving around, and fill some feeders.....I will let you know how it goes......

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/30/07 12:36 AM

Nothing has changed in Eastland Co., except my luck. I got a sow (180lbs.) and three piglets about 30lbs each.

Posted By: Paulpaul

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 05/30/07 01:04 PM

No hogs on our place in Mill Co. Yet!

Posted By: KevinTX

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/01/07 05:13 PM

They should be in the wheat and starting to get in the corn right now in those areas. Ive been catching them in the corn a little here lately.

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/04/07 12:59 PM

yeah my lease is in Red River co as well, outside of johnstown, a lot of them over there just not able to get over there for a overnighter

Posted By: Photo1000wds

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/04/07 02:54 PM

Seems like with the heat setting in, they are waiting until it gets cooler in the evenings or early mornings. Not much day time activity.

Posted By: cattle69

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/05/07 12:01 AM

saw some around the tanks in kent county late afternoon saturday, probablly around 30 plus of all sizes

Posted By: Big_Mike

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/05/07 01:40 AM

I hunt in Ranger of I-20, and saw some a few weeks ago. I was fishing a pond at dusk, wind was right, and they walke up about 40 yards away.

Posted By: camolee

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/06/07 11:51 AM

Here is a few pics of the hogs out on my place

[image]http://www.thejunkladysflunkies.net/Farm.html[/image]

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/06/07 03:43 PM

Maybe this will work better for you camolee:
Camolee's pics

Posted By: camolee

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/06/07 05:57 PM

Thanks Tgil... sort'a always had trouble posting pic's.

Posted By: redriverpigger

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/06/07 09:06 PM

We have not seen any pork on our place in Red River Co. since the drought set in 2 yrs. ago.Hoping all this rain will push them out of the bottoms.

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/07/07 12:38 PM

my place in red river co IS in the bottoms, probably still underwater!!

Posted By: Wild_Yote

Re: Anybody seeing any??????? - 06/23/07 08:19 PM

I did not see any on 6-22-07 weather did not help....
But here are some pictures I recovered.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/212365/an/0/page/0#Post212365

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum