Texas Hunting Forum

Lake Stamford bummer

Posted By: crash519

Lake Stamford bummer - 02/05/18 03:08 PM

Hunted 1400ish acres SW of Lake Stamford this weekend with one find. It's a buddies deer lease and we try to hit it every year after deer season. He claims to have seen quail around every deer feeder when he was deer hunting. We hunted them all, found one covey of 5 birds no where near a feeder smile

Dogs hunted well, as well as can be expected in solid prickly pear cactus! Didn't boot as I normally do since the cactus goes right through and sticks. No grass burrs out there. Got too warm for my liking, especially in early Feb. 72 and windy Saturday. Quite by 11 Sunday @ 60 already.

Not looking too promising for next year frown Need some cooler weather, spring rains, mild summer, and an eradication of the eye worm.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/05/18 03:12 PM

Get back out there after the rain this week if you can. Birds are there I'm guessing
Posted By: crash519

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/05/18 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Wacm
Get back out there after the rain this week if you can. Birds are there I'm guessing

Rain? What's this rain you speak of wink Unfortunately, that was probably the last hunt of the year for me frown Kids have got me tied up for the rest of the seasons weekends.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/05/18 06:48 PM

Ha, I can relate...I'm an Football,Soccer or basketball coach most weekends. If there is not a practice there is a game. My kids all know where I am when I'm not there:)
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/07/18 03:04 PM

I was in the same area.
It was drier than a popcorn fart.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/07/18 04:24 PM

That's dry cheers
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Lake Stamford bummer - 02/07/18 11:09 PM

One of my buddies used to say it was dry the grasshoppers were farting dust.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum