Texas Hunting Forum

Garmin drive track 70

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Garmin drive track 70 - 10/30/17 08:25 PM

Anyone used one yet? needing a new gps for the truck and figured I could use this in the mule when hunting but it really is supposed to stay inside a vehicle, not really made to be in any kind of weather. But I have a buddy that uses one in his Mule and loves it. I figure as long as I don't take it out on nasty days, then dust would be the worst it will ever see. Mule has roof and windshield. Sure looks like it would be nice to have.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/30/17 09:16 PM

Since you have the new alpha, why not order the 7” external screen that will mate up with the alpha

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/30/17 09:18 PM

Sorry, that’s what your looking for. I didn’t know the model name
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/30/17 10:22 PM

Can’t you use your dog gps to lead you around and back?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/30/17 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Bingo.

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/31/17 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Of course I can. But doing it with a 7 inch screen would be even better. Like I said, I need a new GPS for truck anyway, mine won't update and a GPS makes my job a lot easier. I would have spent $250 anyway, these are $300. Just asking if anyone else has one and if they like it.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/31/17 11:48 AM

WAZE on your cellphone. It’s free.

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/31/17 01:09 PM

Waze doesn't track dogs. And cell phone for navigation around Dallas metroplex isn't a good fit for me. I need my phone for a phone & need dedicated GPS and want the biggest screen I can afford. The dog tracking is just a bonus. I like the way it shows a TOPO map and triangle for each dog pointing the direction they are going (like the Alpha map screen but bigger so you can zoom out some and still see the dogs and their trails and the terrain around you).

Plus my boss said they would cover up to $200 for a new GPS for the truck, I'll only be out a hundred bucks.

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/31/17 02:20 PM

A 7" screen would be great. I have to put on my reading glasses to see the print on the screen of my Astro 220. I can see the compass and pointers OK, yardage readings too small.

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 10/31/17 02:37 PM

Yep, if you have three dogs on the ground and have the screen on the handheld zoomed out to where you can see all 3, it's so tiny that they almost appear on top of each other, when you zoom in, you cant see all 3. When Donnie told me about it, and how much he likes it, I had to take a look. Now I want one.
Posted By: DaleGribble

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 11/13/17 08:44 PM

I am thinking about getting one of these to mount on my polaris as well. Did you end up getting one?

Re: Garmin drive track 70 - 11/14/17 11:15 AM

Not yet. Gonna be my Christmas from me to me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum