Texas Hunting Forum

Man o Man!!

Posted By: billyhunt

Man o Man!! - 03/31/17 11:37 PM

I have not seen or heard a quail in at least 10 to 11 months. Just now driving down my gravel road, to take the hound for a ride, seen a small clutch( there were 6 to 7) looked to be about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old. This is great cause for the past 3 years they have been everywhere. But this past year there have been LOTS, I mean LOTS of predators around. So to me this GREAT!!!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Man o Man!! - 03/31/17 11:40 PM

Congratulations, but that sounds like a full grown covey.

Re: Man o Man!! - 03/31/17 11:47 PM

Well Mr. bill it was a real quick look, you are probably right. Wish the heck I had my camera!! But I almost squealed like a little girl to see them again!!!!!!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Man o Man!! - 03/31/17 11:56 PM

It's still the most exciting thing in the world for me. The bobs should start calling soon.
Posted By: Tloves2hunt

Re: Man o Man!! - 04/30/17 01:50 AM

Bob White.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Man o Man!! - 04/30/17 04:46 AM

I have been seeing a lot of Quail from my deer stand in Breckenridge this last year. Not to mention the coveys that explode under my feet on the way to the deer stand in the dark! You would think I would learn that there is a covey around a certain tree every day and I get caught looking for deer and boom!

Re: Man o Man!! - 04/30/17 05:15 PM

In the last week I have seen 3 pair, might be the same ones but still good to see!! Been shredding a pasture for the man I work for part-time. Every morning this past week have been hearing em. Nothing sweeter!!!

Re: Man o Man!! - 05/05/17 08:58 PM

Shredding this morning, scared up two covey. In one, had 6, the other had 9. Looking good for this year!!

Re: Man o Man!! - 05/18/17 01:52 AM

Been seeing a bunch of birds on my place but, not seeing pairs?????

Re: Man o Man!! - 05/29/17 11:28 PM

Now seeing pairs. Thought I had both in this pic, the hen must of flew just I took it. Well its quail.

Re: Man o Man!! - 06/15/17 02:41 AM

Early this morning going down my crd, counted 7. Could have been 8 but didn't see the hen. But I have not seen anything but pairs??? Where are the clutch, have not seen any little ones.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum