Texas Hunting Forum

Lewis Dog Boots

Posted By: nate33

Lewis Dog Boots - 03/16/17 08:15 PM

Just a reminder,,, if you decide to boot your dogs with Lewis boots,,,, order 4 or 5 pairs NOW------ they will come off of your dogs, and when they do you can not buy them in Nov, Dec, or Jan -- aka quail season -- they will be sold out, so stock up now.
Donald.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/16/17 08:56 PM

If they are put on right you don't lose them, you may need to find a new way to put them on if your leaving that many in the field.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/16/17 10:41 PM

http://www.gundogsupply.com/lewis-rubber-dog-boots.html
Posted By: nak

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/17/17 03:37 AM

If you can take your boots off as easily as they show in the Lewis video, I can see how your dog throws them.

I see huge difference in Duct Tape, both in and tape strength. One of my hunting buddies just bought a roll of orange 3M that is POS. After a single 1 hour run, a couple of boots were close to coming off. It will be the last time we use that. The Old School grey, heavy, with fiber reinforcement is the good stuff.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/17/17 08:57 AM

Duct tape at room temperature vs sitting outside cold weather makes a big difference when applying the boots
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/17/17 02:56 PM

I've never lost a boot on a dog. I take a small strip of tape, face the sticky part outward, wrap it around the dog's ankle, then put the boot on, press it down on the tape, then take another strip of tape and go around the outside as well. It's never failed me yet!
Posted By: Chet

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/17/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: CinchMan
I've never lost a boot on a dog. I take a small strip of tape, face the sticky part outward, wrap it around the dog's ankle, then put the boot on, press it down on the tape, then take another strip of tape and go around the outside as well. It's never failed me yet!

The best way to use them.

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/17/17 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Chet

Our mutual friend Mr. Dustin Nelson showed me that trick, I had lost a few before that. up
Posted By: tigger

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/18/17 01:31 AM

Our mutual friend Mr. Dustin Nelson showed me that trick, I had lost a few before that. up

You guys run with a rougher crowd than I do.
Posted By: LABIRDDOG

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/18/17 03:50 PM

First I had 4 pair, ran dogs came back with 1 pair. CMAN ways is best I found. Now I just use duct tape with under wrap if I have to boot. Put first piece goes on the same way sticky side out, under wrap, then make a boot with tape.
Posted By: nate33

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/18/17 05:52 PM

My point was ---------- to order the boots now if you want some,,, there are infinite ways to loose a boot, including just accidentally dropping one, if it is important to your hunt you will be SOL during the season.

Re: Lewis Dog Boots - 03/20/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: tigger

You guys run with a rougher crowd than I do.

That is false sir, you've hung around that outlaw much longer than we have! peep
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum