Texas Hunting Forum

Can't wait

Posted By: Chet

Can't wait - 09/25/16 03:14 PM

Two years ago I had to place all my dogs with new owners. Now things have changed and I'm really starting over. I have a 6 year old that I can hunt over but the fun will be with 3 new pups.. Top pic is Babe (a pup out of my Beau dog who is now in New Jersey and winning field trials). The kennel shot is Buck and Cody. Pics are a little outdated and all three will be big enough to chase west Texas quail this fall. Can't wait to get out west. The bottom pic is Frank and sadly for me he's going to be running as a horseback derby this fall in Virgil Moore's string. Had a ball with him last fall as a 10 month old bird finding fool.

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 03:34 PM

The one in the 3rd pic must be a real hard charging dog. I see he's collared up on both ends

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 03:59 PM

Most all handlers now use the collar on the flanks to remind them not to move their feet. It also helps from causing a dog to get collar wise. He is a lot of dog for sure.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 04:36 PM

I'm in love with Babe! She's a doll. The others look great also.
Posted By: Sailor Soane

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 08:12 PM

up
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 08:19 PM

All three looking good Chet. Going to be a blast. I talked to a trainer buddy a couple of weeks ago that said that guys that know how to train dogs fairly well always need to get puppies three at a time; that prevents overdoing it on one pup.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 10:13 PM

Nice looking pups! I like pup #1. up

Re: Can't wait - 09/25/16 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: danceswithquail
All three looking good Chet. Going to be a blast. I talked to a trainer buddy a couple of weeks ago that said that guys that know how to train dogs fairly well always need to get puppies three at a time; that prevents overdoing it on one pup.

I'm just hoping they don't overdo it on me wink Here's a pic of Buck at 8 weeks, he was still at Don Wiggins place. He starts them young on the board.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Can't wait - 09/26/16 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Chet
Originally Posted By: danceswithquail

I'm just hoping they don't overdo it on me wink Here's a pic of Buck at 8 weeks, he was still at Don Wiggins place. He starts them young on the board.
Nice high tail set and short coupled. My kind of pup!
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Can't wait - 09/26/16 04:15 AM

Wow those are some classy looking bird dogs. Just gorgeous
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Can't wait - 09/26/16 10:41 AM

Good looking pups.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: Can't wait - 09/26/16 03:11 PM

Great looking dogs, I can not wait either!
Here are some pics of your old dog box.

Re: Can't wait - 09/26/16 04:13 PM

Looks great, glad it worked out for you. Just noticed you got some seats back on top of it, very nice.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum