Texas Hunting Forum

My GSP

Posted By: Phantom

My GSP - 07/09/16 05:00 AM

I thought I would give a shout out to my GSP. He hates the summer and spends most of his time on my Leather couch wanting to go outside and retrieve something. He is the best bird dog I have ever had. we have been through 7 states and I have hunted him hard. I know he has a heart of gold and while he lives to hunt he saved my daughter from a rattlesnake yesterday next to our barn. So here is to Rocky. My friend and companion. The best bird dog I have ever owned

Ready for October.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 10:27 AM

Man's best friend on display at your house! Congrats!
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 11:39 AM

Good for Rocky. I love my GSP and probably will never have another breed.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 12:07 PM

Greatness. Good story.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 01:55 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 02:56 PM

Give ol Rocky an extra attach on the belly for the rattlesnake save! Congrats on a great dog!
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: My GSP - 07/09/16 07:40 PM

Way to go Rocky!!! Did he bark at it? My GSP, Rusty (RIP), even as goofy a clown and un-trained as he was, would always bark at snakes. I don't think he'd ever even been bitten by so much as a rat snake, but he didn't like snakes for some reason.

To Rocky! cheers
Posted By: Wacm

Re: My GSP - 07/10/16 02:01 AM

Awesome, they sure are great dogs. We love ours. Here's to a great season on the way.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My GSP - 07/10/16 12:37 PM

what a great story...
Posted By: Cast

Re: My GSP - 07/10/16 02:59 PM

Good boy Rocky!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: My GSP - 07/10/16 05:07 PM

Gotta love those GSPs! up

Re: My GSP - 07/11/16 02:36 AM

he barks at them. Keeps his distance but is super alert. I have a barn with quail and chickens in it and thats where he found the snake. He is the best dog I have ever had. Love the GSP.

Re: My GSP - 07/11/16 02:37 AM

he barks at them. Keeps his distance but is super alert. I have a barn with quail and chickens in it and thats where he found the snake. He is the best dog I have ever had. Love the GSP.
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: My GSP - 07/22/16 07:36 PM

Picked up two awesome pups that just started training. Cant wait to see how they are in the field.
Posted By: RayB

Re: My GSP - 07/22/16 07:50 PM

I really like that solid, not that the other one isn't a beut as well. Love my GSP even though he's just a dawg!!
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: My GSP - 07/26/16 02:31 PM

Yeah. Such personality...these dogs. Ive had several other breeds. Wouldnt own anything other than a GSP from now on tho. They are tough and high energy, but just awesome. Wish I had land to train them on. Hopefully will get some training in on hunts this year
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum