Texas Hunting Forum

Rolling Plains

Posted By: AdvTX

Rolling Plains - 06/20/16 09:28 PM

Got back last night from our 2k acre lease we have been on for 20 years. I have never seen so many quail! There was big coveys of small birds everywhere. The big birds whistled all day and running up and down the roads. Every pond is full to the rim and the pastures look like a postcard. It is amazing to see nature bounce back because 4 years ago we had very few birds.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/20/16 09:39 PM

Greatness. Bird dogs are going to be difficult to come by.
Posted By: Ringman

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/22/16 05:36 PM

Let the gluttony begin. No dogs to be had, no leases, ammo hard to get, and everything a little more expensive.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/22/16 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ringman
Let the gluttony begin. No dogs to be had, no leases, ammo hard to get, and everything a little more expensive.

I am good on dogs, just got on a new lease, have enough powder & all other components that I will need for at least 20 years of making my own shells, maybe more. Everything is always going to get more expensive. I'm gonna stay positive that nothing drastic happens to mess any of it up and say, come on bird season!
Posted By: slow944

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

I am good on dogs, just got on a new lease, have enough powder & all other components that I will need for at least 20 years of making my own shells, maybe more. Everything is always going to get more expensive. I'm gonna stay positive that nothing drastic happens to mess any of it up and say, come on bird season!

What CCBIRDDODMAN said. This should be a great year.
Posted By: DuckedUp

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 04:22 PM

If you find yourself needing a bird dog pup, I've got a litter of champion sired setters on the ground right now! It's almost blasphemy to even say, but I've got so many birds at my house calling that they're on the verge of annoying at this point. I literally wake up to them outside my window every morning, no BS.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 05:20 PM

If you're looking for a lease, the last time I spoke with Tigger he had 3 spots open on ours. Full season lease
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckedUp
If you find yourself needing a bird dog pup, I've got a litter of champion sired setters on the ground right now! It's almost blasphemy to even say, but I've got so many birds at my house calling that they're on the verge of annoying at this point. I literally wake up to them outside my window every morning, no BS.

Oh! B'rer Rabbit. Throw me in that briar patch!
Posted By: DuckedUp

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
Originally Posted By: DuckedUp

Oh! B'rer Rabbit. Throw me in that briar patch!

Hahaha
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Rolling Plains - 06/23/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: AdvTX
Got back last night from our 2k acre lease we have been on for 20 years. I have never seen so many quail! There was big coveys of small birds everywhere. The big birds whistled all day and running up and down the roads. Every pond is full to the rim and the pastures look like a postcard. It is amazing to see nature bounce back because 4 years ago we had very few birds.

Whereabouts is your lease? This past year we saw quite a few coveys for the first time, we are on the edge of the Cross Timbers region in Stephens County.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum