Texas Hunting Forum

Want to start my loft again

Posted By: Somebeach

Want to start my loft again - 05/14/16 04:35 PM

I am wanting to start my loft again. Anybody know where I can get some young homing pigeons that won't break the bank? I have found a few around but these guys and gals are serious pigeon racers and want what I consider big bucks for pigeons. I am looking for 10 or so to train with. Located in north Texas.

Cherrs
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/14/16 07:16 PM

Young unflown birds are going to cost you $15 to $25 apiece anywhere you look. You might find some prisoners and breed your own cheaper. They can usually be had from free to $5. Look on the AU racing pigeon web sight. It'll give you names and phone numbers of racers in your area. The last race of the season usually ends around Thanksgiving. That is the time you'll find free homing pigeons.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/14/16 09:22 PM

PM CC.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/14/16 09:33 PM

Where abouts are you located? I will sell you a few. I only have 1 young unflown bird but I would sell 6 or 8 adults too. Just keep them till they have a hatch and then you can let them out and they will stay at your coop. Or at least that method has worked well for me.
Posted By: Somebeach

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/14/16 11:28 PM

That would awesome. I live in the Justin area but go into Irving everyday for work. I am willing to travel some.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/15/16 03:38 AM

Overpasses at night with an adjustable pool cleaner pole taped to a dip net or Craigslist
Posted By: Ping

Re: Want to start my loft again - 05/26/16 03:08 PM

I will give you some homing pigeons if they are to be used for dog training. Please contact the Burnin' Stump Lodge at Lake Fork and ask for Chris. 903-850-1189
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum