Texas Hunting Forum

"North Texas Gun Dog Club"

Posted By: Catch Dog

"North Texas Gun Dog Club" - 05/03/16 12:13 AM

Are you interested yet? As of now, it's coffee table conversation, but wanted to throw it out there to see if there is any interest from our fellow THF Members. We are thinking it will be NBHA field trial affiliated, and who knows what else, but we have a couple of places in mind "Mineral Wells and Abilene " to run the trials and host some training seminars, etc. Please respond with your opinions, thoughts or questions. Thank you.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/03/16 12:16 AM

Sounds like something I would have done when I lived up that way.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/03/16 03:48 AM

First thing you will need is grounds to conduct trials on. I was part of a NBHA club before here in North Texas. We ran trials on Unit 29 at the Grasslands.
Posted By: Somebeach

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/03/16 04:28 PM

Yes sir. Been part of many clubs in different capacities. Have started new clubs and revived old ones. Let me know what I can do to help.
Posted By: blanked

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/03/16 11:09 PM

I don't call them a big runner under 300 yards. Like someone mentioned the terrain and bird numbers have to support the reason a big runner is ranging over 300 yards. 400 to 600 is perfect for me

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/05/16 03:07 AM

I'm gonna bump this up for a little while longer and hopefully get some more input. Thank you to everyone that has responded to this thread.

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/11/16 12:47 AM

Going to bump this one last time for some views, suggestions, opinions. Tell your friends to check it out and respond. Thank you in advance!
Posted By: BAFisher

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 05/24/16 04:11 PM

I'd like more information please. Family oriented? Dog training or just trialing? I've been a member of both training and trialing clubs. Not interested in trialing anymore but am interested in a group who'd like to work dogs together.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 06/17/16 07:50 PM

Same here. I'm realitively new to bird dogs and would join a club in the Weatherford area. How many acres of land do yo need?
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: "North Texas Bird Dog Club" - 06/17/16 08:33 PM

I'd be interested in checking it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum