Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for owner, help please

Posted By: Chet

Looking for owner, help please - 04/25/16 12:46 PM

I'm looking for the fellow THF member who purchased this pup from me two years ago. She is out of RU Champion Jayhawk Thunder (sire Covey Rise Offlee Amazin, son of Elhew Sinbad) and a daughter of Elhew Sinbad. The reason for my search is the fact that the mother line of this pup goes back to possibly the best shooting dog producer in the last 15 years Hanna's Elhew Lou top and bottom. Sugar's litter was a small one but all the pups like Sugar turned out to be natural quail dogs that broke out early with great desire and the ability to find and point wild birds. Much of this goes back to Lou. I would be willing to lease her to raise a litter and pay all expenses. I would give pick of the litter to the owner just for the chance to get a female pup or two that would keep the mother line in my kennel. If Sugar's owner reads this please contact me or if anyone who knows the owner please contact me. 817-201-5443 Thanks

Sugar at 10 weeks

Sugar at 8 months
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Looking for owner, help please - 04/25/16 04:26 PM

Chet,
Could you call the American Field and have them check the puppy owners through the Litter Registration number?

Re: Looking for owner, help please - 04/25/16 05:42 PM

I think I might but don't have it and will get hold of a friend who has a littermate and see if it's on his papers. Been 5 years and not sure if I registered the litter or gave info for sire and dam as I owned both. But thanks for the help.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Looking for owner, help please - 04/25/16 06:12 PM

Chet,
You may not even need that much. One time I was in Chicago and I had some time to waste. I went in the American Field office for a visit. By just giving them my name, they were able to show me all the dogs that had been registered in my name. I did not have one registration number with me. They have a way of checking a female's get pretty quickly. Just call them and give them your mother dog's registered name and the name of the sire and the approx. DoB for the pups as you remember. Here's betting you a hamburger that the Field can figure it out for you in less than 5 minutes.

Re: Looking for owner, help please - 04/25/16 07:01 PM

I'll give it a try. Thanks again. It would be worth a big cheese burger to me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum