Texas Hunting Forum

Retired 1, picked up replacement

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 01:54 PM

My old GSP got in her last hunts on Friday and Saturday of the final weekend. She's gone deaf, seems like she can't see real far either. She didn't range out very far, the Brit took over as the big running dog. But the GSP still found about 1/2 the covies last weekend, her nose is still working.
So I picked up a new pointer pup a couple days ago, to replace the retiree. Thought I'd share a couple pics.

Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 02:18 PM

Nice looking pup...
Posted By: RayB

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 02:30 PM

Pretty pooch Rusty
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 02:54 PM

That's a beautiful pup. I like all pointing breeds from pointers on down. Bloodlines?
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 02:57 PM

I like him!

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/04/16 03:12 PM

Elhew bloodline. Got her from Yellow rose Kennels. Litter born 12/25/2015. Sire Yellow Rose Nickel, Dam Yellow Rose Bridgett.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 01:13 AM

Do you plan to train her yourself? Was that hunt in south Texas?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 03:02 AM

great looking pup, you got a challenge ahead of you
Posted By: nak

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 03:13 AM

nice looking pup

That last hunt with our buddies is always hard. We can give them a good life in retirement, but lounging on the couch is not what they live for.

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Do you plan to train her yourself? Was that hunt in south Texas?

Yes Bill, the hunt was in South Texas.

I will be doing some basic foundation work with the pup, but will take her back to the breeder in August for formal training. I started the training on my Britt a few years ago, then had an issue I didn't know how to fix. So I took her to Ronnie Smith. He got her back in the right direction.
This time I'll let the pro do it. I'd like to go at it again, but training pasture land in this part of the country is really hard to come by these days. I've got more free time these days also. Think I'll build a new training table.

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: nak
nice looking pup

That last hunt with our buddies is always hard. We can give them a good life in retirement, but lounging on the couch is not what they live for.

I agree nak. Will probably do a preserve hunt or 2 with her next season if she's up to it.

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/05/16 03:34 AM

Here's a pic from a hunt 3 weeks before last weekend. GSP was still running good. I could tell hearing wasn't that good. I really admire the backing qualities of the Britt.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Retired 1, picked up replacement - 03/09/16 05:35 PM

Thats one cute puppy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum