Texas Hunting Forum

how to do action pics of bird hunting

Posted By: dune2218

how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/14/16 06:30 AM

I have a nikon cool pix ( no big deal camera) ---- I take a movie of the birds flushing,,, an i-phone 6 is probably as good or better. Then go to snip-it, that is in your computer in windows, and play the movie on windows media player on your computer and stop the movie where you want and snip the pic you are looking at. I am posting 4 pics and the drop box link to my movie if you care to see where the pics came from. This movie was only 17 seconds long. Notice my friend telling his setter ( that just busted the birds, " good boy" ) The gsp is mine. This was in Woodward, OK,,,, 500 mile drive one way from Temple, Tx,, where I live. Here is the drop box link if anyone is interested to see the movie. ---

--when you look at the movie drop box tells you that you have to have drop box,,,, you dont, just click at the bottom to view the movie. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk21o7ia63awxtl/both%20dogs%20on%20point%2C%20snip%20it%20movie.MOV?dl=0
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/14/16 11:47 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk21o7ia63awxtl/both%20dogs%20on%20point%2C%20snip%20it%20movie.MOV?dl=0

That's awesome and really clear.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/14/16 01:49 PM

Yep. Been awhile since I saw a dog bust birds.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/14/16 05:33 PM

Awsome
Posted By: rowdydog1

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/15/16 10:27 PM

You guys are pretty hard on dogs. Although I agree a dog should stay still and let you walk past it that dog didn't bust those birds.

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/15/16 11:23 PM

compare what the gsp does to what the setter does -------- you will notice the difference.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/16/16 12:11 AM

I'm not a steady to wing and shot kink of guy, but its been my experience that they will take out a few birds if the help you flush.

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/16/16 02:37 AM

"" shot kink of guy,""" -------------did you change the subject?? or was it a typo?????
Posted By: rowdydog1

Re: how to do action pics of bird hunting - 02/16/16 11:20 PM

no argument that the gsp does it right. but the setter is just creeping along with the shooter, the dog wasn't in the birds when the flushed. As long as my dogs don't move until I get to them I don't mind them creeping along with me. It would be nice for them to stay on point until I release them but I just don't have the time to enforce that behavior.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum