Texas Hunting Forum

Mesquite Country Outfitters

Posted By: Brook Trout

Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/14/15 12:22 AM

Anyone know anything about this group good or bad?

Looks like the guide on the pitchfork ranch.

Thought I might like to go quail hunting with a couple friends after first of the year.

Any recommendations?
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/14/15 02:15 AM

I have never been but back in the heyday a friend took some business clients and said they had great dogs, real open huntable ground, and it was real expensive is what I remember.
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/15/15 06:07 PM

Good outfit, not sure on quail prices. I hunt on the pitchfork and there are unbelievable numbers of quail this year! Riding the roads going to and from stands, in 2-3 miles I'll jump no less than 12-15 coveys.

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/16/15 01:27 PM

Thanks fellas I appreciate the input.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/16/15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BOLT GUY
Good outfit, not sure on quail prices. I hunt on the pitchfork and there are unbelievable numbers of quail this year! Riding the roads going to and from stands, in 2-3 miles I'll jump no less than 12-15 coveys.

I emailed this link to Larry Hill who guides on the Pitchfork. Here was his wife's reply.

Bill, yes he does and is where is now. His internet service is intermitted so don’t know if he will respond or not. Hunting has been pretty good so far this season. Has several young dogs he’s working on his days off.

Hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that 2016 is a great one.

Cheryl
Posted By: tigger

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 12/16/15 09:59 PM

Great guy great organization should have a great hunt. I know James and he is a class act.

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 01/23/16 06:57 AM

Bill / Tigger,

Ben a bit lax here and hadn't checked back on the post. I do apologize.

I appreciate your and value your input. Looking at getting out there in the future with some clients- probably too late this year but will see.

Thanks again!
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 01/24/16 01:49 AM

we got quail close to Dallas

Re: Mesquite Country Outfitters - 01/24/16 03:44 AM

Walter I'm definitely gonna get out there one of these days. Want to tryout your range and see the place.

Looks good!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum