Texas Hunting Forum

Too Hot

Posted By: TXPanhandler

Too Hot - 12/07/15 01:23 AM

It was too hot to quail hunt today so dad and I made use of the day in another way...

We did see quite a few quail at the place we cut the wood though, they may be in trouble next week food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 01:44 AM

How did you split the few pieces of wood?

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 02:12 AM

With a manual log splitter, the old fashioned way.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 03:30 AM

Too hot where?
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 03:21 PM

Too hot to hunt but OK to work?????????????
Posted By: Whoa

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 04:32 PM

This is why.

Grovespring, Mo. — It was hot at the Border International trial! I lost Tom. When I found him it was too late. Ricky Furney went with me to bury him. It was not a very good afternoon. Never is when something like this happens.

I want to thank Gary Lester for the opportunity to get Tom, and Ike Todd for Tom’s early development and training. I want to thank owner Brad Calkins for letting me be the one to run Tom.

Tom was whelped in January, 2008, sired by Strut ex Tennessee Betty Lou.

Tom started his first all-age year by winning the Saskatchewan Open Championship (2010). He then went on to win the Florida Open Championship (January, 2011). The Saskatchewan Championship is a good prairie trial, and has been for years. The Florida is special. It ranks right up there with the top tier of field trials, in my opinion.

That same spring season (2011) Tom won the Texas Open Championship — three championships in one year is hard to do. He went on to win the Texas Open Championship again, in 2014.

He died doing what he loved to do — run in field trials. Let him get too close to his birds in heaven. Thanks everybody.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Too Hot - 12/07/15 05:43 PM

That's tough
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Too Hot - 12/08/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Whoa
This is why.

Grovespring, Mo. — It was hot at the Border International trial! I lost Tom. When I found him it was too late. Ricky Furney went with me to bury him. It was not a very good afternoon. Never is when something like this happens.

I want to thank Gary Lester for the opportunity to get Tom, and Ike Todd for Tom’s early development and training. I want to thank owner Brad Calkins for letting me be the one to run Tom.

Tom was whelped in January, 2008, sired by Strut ex Tennessee Betty Lou.

Tom started his first all-age year by winning the Saskatchewan Open Championship (2010). He then went on to win the Florida Open Championship (January, 2011). The Saskatchewan Championship is a good prairie trial, and has been for years. The Florida is special. It ranks right up there with the top tier of field trials, in my opinion.

That same spring season (2011) Tom won the Texas Open Championship — three championships in one year is hard to do. He went on to win the Texas Open Championship again, in 2014.

He died doing what he loved to do — run in field trials. Let him get too close to his birds in heaven. Thanks everybody.
That breaks my heart for you.

Re: Too Hot - 12/08/15 03:39 AM

I don't hunt much when it gets over 50 degrees for two reasons.

1. It is very hard on the dogs and very hard on my dad.
2. The rattlers start moving again when we haven't had any snow.

We ran over 2 on the drive to and from where we cut the wood. I can load wood while dad cuts it at 65 degrees no problem. Dogs are fine and we have a rack full of wood!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum