Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/06/15 06:47 AM

Thanks!

Fyi im not set up yet for raising quail so only option right now.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/06/15 01:42 PM

Roadside quail in Columbus. It's at mile marker 700 on the north side of I 10.
Posted By: jmoss454

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/06/15 04:37 PM

I have rally good birds forsale. Flight conditioned and on really good feed. I have blues and bobs. Located west of Wichita Falls,Tx. Really strong flyers and very wild. PM for more info. Thanks.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/06/15 07:57 PM

Whats your price Jmoss? and how far west of WF?

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/07/15 01:21 PM

$6 a bird on bobs and $10 a bird on blues. They're actually my dads, he's whose raises them. He prices pretty high but he knows how good they are and how much high dollar feed he's ran thru them.

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/07/15 01:22 PM

15 miles west

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/08/15 12:47 AM

Im pretty close to columbus, ill have to stop by. Thanks Ox
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/08/15 03:45 PM

We have quail available for take out if you do not need too many and we will get you what you want if you make an order and pick up the same day.

IU am going after quail on Friday... Best pricing if you can take 25 or more and you will need a crate and I have some cardboard crates if needed.

Let me know

walkter 214-728-2755

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/09/15 07:40 AM

In yalls opinion how many birds would you keep on avg for 10-15 guys running dogs on a monthly basis say going out 1 to 2 times a month. Trying to get an idea of how many quail i should consider buying on a monthly basis.
Posted By: shock_n_awe

Re: Recommendations for buying adult flight ready quail - 12/13/15 02:45 AM

I usually will drop 7 to 10 birds per dog and do our best to hunt em all. They always run back to the Johnny House too fast when I let em fly out. I've started netting them and moving them to a different release area so all 7 or 10 actually "hunt true".

If I'm working the dogs with people who are with me wanting to hunt, I put out more depending on the folks.

So, the high end would be 150- 250 in your example above. That's a lot to keep alive all at once. We break it up and re-stock every 2-3 weeks to limit the loss. It gets expensive since we don't raise the birds.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum