Texas Hunting Forum

Any vet clinics near Hebbronville?

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/16/15 07:10 PM

Headed to lease for first hunt of the season in Jim Hogg county tomorrow. Anybody know of a vet in Hebbronville area? Like to have a phone # just in case.

Thanks
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/16/15 07:39 PM

Vickers in Falfurrias.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/16/15 07:43 PM

Vickers--he has seen as many bird dogs as he has seen illegal aliens. This guy is always in the news. His small ranch is right on the alien highway--tv is always interviewing him. He finds a number of dead ones (undocumented migrants) a year on his property. My vet interned with him--he is a good bird dog guy.

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/16/15 08:56 PM

Thanks! I found a phone # on the web. Will give them a call

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/16/15 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
Thanks! I found a phone # on the web. Will give them a call

Give us a report when you get back.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/17/15 12:03 AM

Should be plenty of reason to see a vet with this warm weather

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/23/15 12:06 AM

Got back from Jim Hogg county today. Did some dog conditioning/hunting Thursday-Saturday morning. Only went out till 9:00 AM Thursday and Friday morning, clear skies, light wind and warm temps. Had a nice Garmin find on my old GSP Friday morning in some thicker cover I couldn't drive through. Didn't start til 9:30 Saturday morning, that's when the front started blowing in. Light rain and drizzle all Friday nite made for good dog running conditions Saturday morning with the North wind. Found a nice large driveable area with the right amount of cover, old GSP found a good sized covey of bobs. I killed one out of the covey, and got a good retrieve. The old GSP still finding the covies before my Britt. Dogs only pointed 1 covey each morning. I bumped a couple more each morning with truck, then turned out dogs for some fun. I'm sure scenting conditions will be better after a couple freezes. It looks green as springtime. You can ride the ranch roads and see 5-10 covies per mile, but finding them out in the pasture was pretty slow hunting. Head back next weekend and try it midday, will be wet and mid 50's. Birds seem to be more active after noon.

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/23/15 12:25 AM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/25/15 08:17 PM

Vickers is good to go. Has helped me out with whitetail in the past. Thank heavens no need for medical attention for my lab.

Where abouts is yalls lease im southern jim hogg down 1017 close to la gloria by the diamond o

Re: Any vet clinics near Hebbronville? - 11/26/15 02:00 PM

South of Hebbronville on hwy 16
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum