Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 02:48 AM

Wow. Where are you headed?
Posted By: TXPanhandler

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 03:04 AM

Awesome clap
Posted By: coonie

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 03:07 AM

Good to have a hunting buddy that loves overtime and has no other hobbies!
Dickens County
Posted By: Chet

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 03:18 AM

The new box looks great.

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 03:34 AM

Thanks
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 03:54 AM

You can tell them that's got money. Nice looking rig. Wish I was your buddy. Even my old broken down bones could hunt with you.

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 04:02 AM

He has two fake hips. So this keeps him going
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: coonie
He has two fake hips. So this keeps him going
Good for him and you. Can't replace good hunting buddies. Lost 2 in my lifetime. My Dad and then Carl Yates. They are probably hunting together right now.
Posted By: Tuco

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 02:56 PM

I used to see rigs like that all around Throckmorton and Seymour ten years ago...they disappeared with the birds..I hope they come back
Posted By: nak

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 06:28 PM

Nice rig!

We must be doing it wrong. We unload the dogs out of the truck and walk until our legs fall off. Maybe I just need richer friends. flehan
Posted By: 1100aggie

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 07:02 PM

Hunted this weekend and it was funny to hear the groups with dogs complaining about how the other groups had even more dogs.

I literally heard one guy say, "we only have 2 dogs and we saw groups running up to 5 dogs".

I just casually agreed as we marched on without ANY dogs. We registered 7 miles through brush country per the GPS within the 1st morning hunt alone.

A retriever sure would have been nice with all the thick grass though.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 1100aggie
Hunted this weekend and it was funny to hear the groups with dogs complaining about how the other groups had even more dogs.

I literally heard one guy say, "we only have 2 dogs and we saw groups running up to 5 dogs".

I just casually agreed as we marched on without ANY dogs. We registered 7 miles through brush country per the GPS within the 1st morning hunt alone.

Ask on this forum and you can find someone with a dog, and maybe even a ride.
Posted By: deluna-tic

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 09:24 PM

how awesome, that rig look great!!!!!!
Posted By: Baylor_Bears

Re: Getting ready - 11/03/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: 1100aggie

Bill is right, Ive got a year old GSP that needs to get on some wild birds. You just give me a shout!
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Getting ready - 11/04/15 04:10 AM

Nice rig!
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Getting ready - 11/04/15 11:53 AM

Nice to hear the quail are coming back. Now, if we can get some wild pheasant back in the panhandle! Great looking rig.
Posted By: Adub2123

Re: Getting ready - 11/05/15 04:34 PM

Nice Rig, I have a Ranger just like that, and a box that fits a mule, did he have a flat bed built for box, or is it all one piece?

Re: Getting ready - 11/05/15 11:59 PM

It's all one piece. In fact the whole box will tilt just like the bed so you can service the engine. They put some bolts so that it can't tilt by accident.
Posted By: Kahuna

Re: Getting ready - 11/06/15 12:16 AM

I have the 2 seat ranger @ Texoma. Have a dog box, have a trailer. Problem is my last setter is 11, club I belong to won't allow atv's except to retrieve deer. New hip last November would sure make ranger convenient!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum