Texas Hunting Forum

Ever run into the game warden hunting quail

Posted By: blanked

Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 11:39 AM

Or woodcock. Dove doent count. I never have but i only hunt texas 10 days a year
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 12:07 PM

We were checked a couple of years ago on a pasture near Eagle Lake.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 12:32 PM

I've never been checked while quail hunting. We hunted every day of season in the 80's and early 90's in West Texas. We sometimes made opening weekend of pheasant in the panhandle and got checked every time.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 12:38 PM

A couple of times in west Texas at our lease south of Sterling city.

We have never been checked in Oklahoma but last year he rolled up on us at the truck stop in Waurika on our way out but all he did was ask us how many we killed and what kind of dogs we had. Didn't check license or birds.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 12:43 PM

Game warden come by my lease at least twice a year to check everybody. It is nice that he does. I view it like a state trooper sitting by the side of the road. Slows things down. He will some time check everything including ice chest and refrigerators. As far as I know he has never issued a citation or a warning. Seems to be more interested in deer hunters. Always very nice.

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 08:13 PM

They go thru refrigerators? I am assuming the frig is in the trailers or house where your staying

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 08:16 PM

I like watching that show northwoods law about maine game wardens. Man those guys are on top of it
Posted By: kindall

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/24/15 09:17 PM

Nope
I've been checked while hunting just about everything else, but never while quail hunting.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/25/15 12:54 AM

Never quail hunting but havent gotten to do much of it yet.

Duck hunting yes and he had an attitude.

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/25/15 01:03 AM

They also like to work I20 around abilene on sunday evening the opening weekend of deer a quail season and deer season and stop the people pulling trailers with farm tags on them loaded with atv, dog boxes and ice chest. Easy pickings for them.

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/25/15 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: blanked
They go thru refrigerators? I am assuming the frig is in the trailers or house where your staying
You are correct.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/25/15 01:31 AM

Never been checked in S. Texas, but have called the game warden after a poacher approached me on my place and asked me how the quail hunting was. Was checked while hunting blues south of Marfa. The warden told us that the border patrol had never seen a quail rig, were suspicious and asked him to look in on us.
Posted By: ALM TXhunter

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/25/15 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: blanked
I like watching that show northwoods law about maine game wardens. Man those guys are on top of it

up

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/27/15 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MS1454
Never quail hunting but havent gotten to do much of it yet.

Duck hunting yes and he had an attitude.

Now wait a minute. Arent you the guy who posted a few weeks ago that big running dogs do NOT find more birds than bootlickers. Now your saying you havent hardly hunted quail. Unless you hunt everything but quail which i would doubt you dont have any creditability
Posted By: Ringman

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/29/15 06:08 PM

Never when quail hunting, but yes on duck, goose, dove, dear, and pheasant.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Ever run into the game warden hunting quail - 09/29/15 09:12 PM

Never while on a hunting trip. Fishing trips I have encountered them
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum