Texas Hunting Forum

Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area.

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/02/15 07:48 PM

Our family has 250ac located 15min from dowtown mcallen, 1.5 hr from laredo, 30 min from harlingen, on the river.

Its usually good dove hunting, but if there is enough interest, id start raising quail and possibly phesants for members. There will be a small range; (2) 100/200 yd rifle lane and (2) pistol lanes. Slowly i would rennovate one of the houses to serve as a club house with kitchen so guys could come hunt morning/afternoon and watch the game or have a beer and bbq in afternoon. I didnt plant sunflower this year, but if this gets off the ground it'll be done every year. In addition, members would have access to train dogs and have birds available. The goal would be to have a professional trainer be part of the organization to offer classes and individual training. possibly hog, predator, and javalina hunts on the premises will be available with membership. Have no idea on costs or number of spots.

Pm me or contact me if interested. Also id like anyones opinions or thoughts to my idea.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/02/15 08:07 PM

You might get more interest on the upland or migratory forums.

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/02/15 08:14 PM

Good point thanks, mods please deltet will move to different area.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/02/15 09:26 PM

I would first check with local independent insurance agent as to what a liability policy will cost you.

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/03/15 01:48 PM

I think it would depend on your dove population. Anyone can buy quail and put them out.
Posted By: WEEKday warrior

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/05/15 08:04 PM

Been working that area recently dove and quail are plentiful. Then again so are javies, ticks, snakes, cactus...

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/05/15 11:42 PM

Contact Walter on this forum. He's a super guy and will not be in competition.

Re: Wanting to start a dove and quail club for the rio grande valley/laredo area. - 07/14/15 01:49 AM

Any deep south texas members out there?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum