Texas Hunting Forum

Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds

Posted By: Cole4544

Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds - 06/07/18 06:37 PM

Looking for some recommendations on metal sled type duck blinds for the upcoming season. Know of someone that makes a good blind at a reasonable cost?

Thanks,

Cole
Posted By: 68A

Re: Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds - 06/08/18 12:22 AM

Look up ramball36 on here.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds - 06/08/18 01:15 PM

Not sure if this would suit you but I opted for mobility as hunting spots change all the time. I need mobility. It was on a beaver pond for 5 years sunk up to the floor bords on the trailer. I expected the bearing to be in horrible shape. I guess since I had greased them prior to taking it to the pond, they looked brand new. The only problem we had getting it out was the beavers packed an incredible amount of debris underneath it. It was way more work than I ever thought it would be getting it out of there. What hurt us was the dry ground where the tractor was pulling from was all sandy loam. Any pressure on the chain and the tires would bite and dig right in down to the axle before you could hardly let of the clutch. What finally got it for me was a yellow strap and about a dozen good hard runs, essentially yanking it out of there. We made a choice to either break something or get it out. We got lucky it went our way.
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds - 06/08/18 02:43 PM

I second Ramball36 he is with Double Barrell Fabrication. They have built over 20 blinds for us and our duck clubs.
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: Metal Sled Type Duck Blinds - 06/08/18 02:43 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum