Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a guide for next season

Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Looking for a guide for next season - 02/12/18 06:41 AM

Looking for a guide on the coast that can put me on mottled ducks, also looking for a cinnamon, buffle, Whistler, goldeneyes, etc. I’m chasing all the North America waterfowl. Bagging a couple of those would get me almost halfway there. PM me.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/12/18 01:53 PM

Other than buffleheads and possibly mottled ducks, you're gonna have to keep your fingers crossed for the rest of those species if you're limited to the coast.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/12/18 02:28 PM

The only guide service in Texas that I'd recommend for a mottled duck and whistlers is Pipkin Ranch Outfitters. If you let them know that you would like to kill those species they should be able to accommodate you.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/12/18 06:47 PM

Go to Mexico
They just caught the cartel dude
U should be ok
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/13/18 07:23 AM

I’m not limited to the coast but I am limited to Texas for next year.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/13/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon
I’m not limited to the coast but I am limited to Texas for next year.

If you are limited to Texas and want to kill the species you listed you are pretty much limited to the coast.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/13/18 02:21 PM

It's fun to spot goldeneyes on the tx coast. Couple years ago one was hanging out right at the boat ramp where we were cleaning our ducks from the morning hunt. Rubbing his continued existence in our faces. And the good news for you is it will probably take you quite some time, maybe many years, before you get one. You have a lot of great hunts to look forward to!

Same goes for a good well plummed cinny.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Looking for a guide for next season - 02/13/18 08:17 PM

I can try to put you on goldeneye and buffleheads in Matagorda. May take a few sits, or you may get lucky and get one your first day. I've targeted goldeneye down there for the past 2 years. Only go a few days a season, but I have shot a few. Buffleheads may be easier, but the goldeneye are gonna be tricky. Depending on activity you'll either be on a shell pad or a beaver tail layout boat. When I go I usually sit into early afternoon unless the wind runs me off
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum