Texas Hunting Forum

Snow Goose Socks

Posted By: noname124398

Snow Goose Socks - 01/11/18 05:48 PM

What are the best budget-friendly socks out there for quickly building up a solid snow goose spread? Any big pros or cons between a Silosock style compared to Northwind style? the Tanglefree Slammer Socks are on sale for the same price as the Silosock economy snows so I'm a bit torn between those, but at $40 per dozen a small spread of 2-300 socks will still put quite a hurtin on the wallet. Anyone know of any cheaper options out there? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Snow Goose Socks - 01/11/18 06:36 PM

Its just like beer. Drink a friend's beer and it is cheapest. If you have geese on the X , talk to a fellow thf-er who has a load of silosocks and invite him along. I have heard wal1809 is a butt.... but he has a lot of socks confused2
Posted By: john paul

Re: Snow Goose Socks - 01/11/18 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Its just like beer. Drink a friend's beer and it is cheapest. If you have geese on the X , talk to a fellow thf-er who has a load of silosocks and invite him along. I have heard wal1809 is a butt.... but he has a lot of socks confused2

I've heard the same about john paul except he also has 10 dozen avery 1 piece full bodies... bolt

In all seriousness I have really liked my sillosock economies. We bought magnum 44 sharpies and drew the tails (wing tips) on the bag and then had an assembly line going. 1 person drawing, 2 people stapling bags on head and one guy heating up the stakes and inserting through the head. We did 20 dozen in probably 4 hours. We use them as fillers in our spread. I'm not sure how successful you'd be with just the economy sillosocks. We put the fullbodies up front loosely in the kill hole and socks back towards where we are hiding. Geese will land right in with the fullbodies just about.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum