Texas Hunting Forum

Introduction - Hello All

Posted By: jrbamatex

Introduction - Hello All - 01/04/18 08:43 PM

Hello All,

My name is John and I am new to the forum and relatively new to waterfowl hunting. I wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

I live in the Alliance area north of Fort Worth.

I have a 2 year old yellow lab. He was off leash obedience trained by a professional in the Flower Mound area and they did an outstanding job. I have done most of his hunt training myself. He does well enough; fetch/hold/drop it, casts, back/over, marks, lines, find it, etc. We have duck hunted, dove hunted and pheasant hunted. We haven't been blessed with an abundance of available birds in our hunts. Even so, we are both still learning and enjoying it all very much.

I have a little 1654 SC jon boat with a homemade scissor blind that I just hunted for the first time last week. It seemed to work well enough but I am sure will benefit from continued tweaking and adjustment. Looking forward to more scouting, hunting and fishing(scouting).

I am on a couple of deer leases and do all that stuff but more and more I am enjoying this shotgun hunting and all that goes with it. This is not to say that I am a big hunter and have a house full of mounts and stuff. I don't and I am really probably not even that good at it all. However, I love to be outside and to enjoy all that comes with the hunting experience in general. So I keep doing it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and to thank you all for the thoughtful posts and sharing of tips and experiences.

Regards,

P.S. You might see this same text in an intro on another forum. There's a couple of sites that I seem to keep landing on when I Google duck hunting stuff. Hope you all don't mind.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Introduction - Hello All - 01/04/18 09:00 PM

Welcome.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Introduction - Hello All - 01/04/18 11:14 PM

Welcome.
Posted By: outfitter1

Re: Introduction - Hello All - 01/04/18 11:48 PM

Welcome
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Introduction - Hello All - 01/05/18 01:31 AM

Posted By: rickym